7 replies to this topic

#1 CessPoolCleaner

CessPoolCleaner

Code GooRoo

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

If the [extract] is used to have an introduction then there needs to be an indication that it is actually an abridged product description with something like a <<-More-->> display. I realise that they can click the link at the top but people may assume that the excerpt is actually all of the information so from a selling point of view it is important to let them know that there is more information available.

It may not be a 'bug' but it is not nice.... If anything is abridged there should be a read more style of indicator.

Thanks,
Larry

JLogica .. has left the building .. Hope you all have a lovely and productive life.

#2 Tyler Y

Tyler Y

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:37 PM

I'm not sure if this was the thread I originally read or if there was another with the same suggestion. In either case - YES PLEASE.

It makes no sense to have a tag to extract text to be displayed within a category without any indication that there is more information to be seen; ESPECIALLY when there's an add to cart button right there.

A customer could be missing vital information provided further down in the description not realizing the product page exists with further detail.

Aside from the fact that it's not working to begin with in the version we still have installed, even if it were, I'm not sure I would use it until it has a "Read More" type option. It could even be as simple as a '...' after the truncated description, but a "Read More" button would be more obvious.

Once this feature is put in place, it will go a long way towards cleaning up the look of the store. Right now, we have fairly long descriptions for products that cause the end user experience to suffer (scrolling continuously) - especially on smaller screens.

#3 CessPoolCleaner

CessPoolCleaner

Code GooRoo

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

I actually like the way Wordpress does it, you have a 'more' button on the RTE that inserts the extract, it is easy, simple and sexy. Nexus needs to use RTE and we need a button to place the 'code'

JLogica .. has left the building .. Hope you all have a lovely and productive life.

#4 MadMcardle

MadMcardle

Needs Hobby

• +Clients
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:28 PM

I cant even get the extract tag to work

Please advise?

Signature_zpsf0723ae4.png

#5 Mario Thomas

Mario Thomas

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:58 PM

I second this completely... the user does not have an idea that there is more to see...!!!

#6 Mario Thomas

Mario Thomas

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:00 PM

I cant even get the extract tag to work

Please advise?

You have to use closed tags:

[extract]  ...... [/extract]

What is between those tags is what it is seen on the product list... :wink:

#7 Griffin80

Griffin80

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

Not sure what has happened, but extract is not working on my site either.

#8 Griffin80

Griffin80

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

I think I found the reason why my extract stopped working:

http://community.inv...-showing-r37031

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users