19 replies to this topic

#1 Ditchmonkey

Ditchmonkey

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

It's been a while since i upgraded IP.content. Has the issue with comments being un-editable by any user group (even admins) been resolved in the latest version?

#2 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,684 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:54 AM

I'm not sure what issue you are referring to, as I don't recall a bug like this off the top of my head. If there was a bug report about it, you could check the bug report to see if the status has changed since you last looked.

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

#3 Ditchmonkey

Ditchmonkey

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:26 PM

Actually we discussed it in depth. In earlier versions of IP.content there was no way to edit comments on records. Users couldn't do it and neither could admins.

#4 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,684 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:59 AM

Well, comments are editable on the front end. Again, I'm not positive of the specific issue you are referring to, but if comments were un-editable in a previous version for some reason, I believe that issue is resolved.

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

#5 Ditchmonkey

Ditchmonkey

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:57 AM

It's hard for me to believe that you, the primary developer for this specific product, have no recollection of this important issue. I would link our discussions but i am pretty sure they are in the beta forum which I no longer have access to. If you need to jog your memory, join my site, make a comment on a spot within the national parks, then try to edit it. No, as an admin I can't edit your comment either.

#6 tenaki

tenaki

Needs Serious Help

• +Clients
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:41 AM

You can edit them from the backend or am I missing the point

IP.Board 3.4.6

#7 Ditchmonkey

Ditchmonkey

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:43 AM

You can edit them from the backend or am I missing the point

No you can't, and yes you are.

#8 Kyanar

Kyanar

Let's say my yearly license expired in...

• +Clients
  • 5,189 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:33 AM

It's hard for me to believe that you, the primary developer for this specific product, have no recollection of this important issue. I would link our discussions but i am pretty sure they are in the beta forum which I no longer have access to. If you need to jog your memory, join my site, make a comment on a spot within the national parks, then try to edit it. No, as an admin I can't edit your comment either.

Wow. Why exactly are you so patronising? I haven't seen a single positive thing out of you in like ever. It's just whine, whine, "no, you're wrong", "I don't agree with that, so it's unacceptable".

Also, try actually searching rather than getting into a pointless argument with a developer who has better things to do than listen to your constant complaining. If you did, you'd not only learn that this issue was fixed in version 2.1, you'd also learn the exact cause of it, and could have fixed it yourself in August last year.
  • tenaki, Michael, Tanax and 5 others like this

#9 tenaki

tenaki

Needs Serious Help

• +Clients
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:53 AM

comments being un-editable by any user group (even admins)

No you can't, and yes you are.

Admins can edit comments admincp >> manage articles >> manage comments click the drop down and edit away

IP.Board 3.4.6

#10 Ditchmonkey

Ditchmonkey

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:03 PM

Wow. Why exactly are you so patronising? I haven't seen a single positive thing out of you in like ever. It's just whine, whine, "no, you're wrong", "I don't agree with that, so it's unacceptable".

Also, try actually searching rather than getting into a pointless argument with a developer who has better things to do than listen to your constant complaining. If you did, you'd not only learn that this issue was fixed in version 2.1, you'd also learn the exact cause of it, and could have fixed it yourself in August last year.

Actually I was once a big supporter of the product and staff here at IPS. However, on several issues they have really dropped the ball and I'm not happy about it. Further, Bfarber and I discussed this topic at length last year and a couple versions of IP.content went by without a resolution. I am certainly entitled to a simple update on the issue.

Admins can edit comments admincp >> manage articles >> manage comments click the drop down and edit away

If you had read the initial post you would see I am not using the current version. It's the whole point of the thread.

#11 Dan

Dan

the same

• +Clients
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:11 PM

Actually I was once a big supporter of the product and staff here at IPS. However, on several issues they have really dropped the ball and I'm not happy about it. Further, Bfarber and I discussed this topic at length last year and a couple versions of IP.content went by without a resolution. I am certainly entitled to a simple update on the issue.

If you had read the initial post you would see I am not using the current version. It's the whole point of the thread.

That update has been given, and your question answered. The latest version of IP.Content does not have this issue. :)

#12 Fishfish0001

Fishfish0001

Needs Serious Help

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:44 PM

Well thars y'r problem...

#13 xper

xper

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:03 PM

I have same issue with 2.1.2. Do you know what file in question it is?

http://community.inv...6253#entry96253

#14 Tunga

Tunga

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:26 AM

I would also like to see this functionality on the front end, since it seems to be missing.

#15 csm

csm

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 653 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:05 AM

I would also like to see this functionality on the front end, since it seems to be missing.

You can remove comments from the front end. Log in as admin and look at a comment. In the upper right corner of each comment is a red x to delete the comment. I'm looking at mine right now.

#16 Darksbane0

Darksbane0

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 574 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:42 PM

removing comments isn't editing comments. Unless I'm missing something I don't have the ability to edit database comments on the front end.

#17 Tunga

Tunga

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:41 AM

Exactly. It seems to be yet another example of IPB making feature decisions without any user research.

#18 Tanax

Tanax

Advanced Member

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:21 PM

I don't understand why people are still posting in this topic. The issue is solved in the latest version of IP.C. Download that and you're fine. End of story.
Lock the topic?

#19 Marcher Technologies

Marcher Technologies

$life=FALSE;$code=TRUE;$time--;

• +Clients
  • 11,765 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:04 PM

You can remove comments from the front end. Log in as admin and look at a comment. In the upper right corner of each comment is a red x to delete the comment. I'm looking at mine right now.

removing comments isn't editing comments. Unless I'm missing something I don't have the ability to edit database comments on the front end.

Exactly. It seems to be yet another example of IPB making feature decisions without any user research.

I don't understand why people are still posting in this topic. The issue is solved in the latest version of IP.C. Download that and you're fine. End of story.
Lock the topic?

Except its not. Not being patronizing myself but the ability to edit database record comments from the front-end is still not present in current IPContent. Would just like to point this out in the hopes that 3.2 IPB IPContent side-release will have this functionality.
  • Stephane and Ikadon like this

#20 chilihead

chilihead

Needs Serious Help

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:08 PM

FYI if you use the forum for comments, when you edit the forum post, the comment gets edited, since they are stored as forum replies.

This is not posted as a solution to database comments, just an FYI.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users