• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 ᴡᴅツ

ᴡᴅツ

⊙﹏⊙

• +Clients
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:17 PM

As a temporary solution - why not just make the group they're moved in to not able to purchase that package in the store front, and instruct your members how to use the "Renew Now" button?

Mark, if programming Nexus to combine subscriptions is not doable, can't you disable purchasing the same subscription if one has an active one? Please at least add a setting per package that says "Allow duplicate purchases?" and a setting that denies purchase if another subscription from a list is chosen.

E.g., 4 subscriptions: 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, 12 month.

If you purchase 3 month subscription, not only can't you purchase a duplicate of the 3 months, you can't also purchase 1 month, 6 month, or 12 month. That way the user would have to wait until the 3 month subscription expires and decide whether to renew it manually, allow it to renew automatically, or let it expire in order to purchase a new subscription package such as 12 month.

I understand coding combined subscriptions may be hard so please let me know if the above solution works. You have told me repeatability that I'm not mentioning solutions to the issue at hand. If this is the case, please let me know what issue you are referring to because this topic was specifically made to resolve the issue I have been mentioning.

Feature consistency across IP.Downloads and IP.Board for IP.Content

IPS, please look at the topics I've created regarding feature suggestions. There still are issues that haven't been addressed, as noted above, and the following, as well as this.

#22 NickČ

NickČ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:25 PM

Mark, if programming Nexus to combine subscriptions is not doable, can't you disable purchasing the same subscription if one has an active one? Please at least add a setting per package that says "Allow duplicate purchases?" and a setting that denies purchase if another subscription from a list is chosen.

To add on to this, a per-item setting with a maximum quantity that a user can purchase each order and another for how many they can purchase every X amount of days/months/years/lifetime would be ideal and have a slightly broader use.
  • -Mary- likes this

#23 photoadmin

photoadmin

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:51 PM

I recently submitted a ticket for this issue as it was becoming quite frustrating. We get a lot of package renewals on our site, and this comes up at least every 1 in 3 renewals. After a user pays, in a week they get demoted to the base member user group with fewer privileges, then they contact us quite upset about not getting what they paid for.

I understand the complications that are involved with implementing this fix that Mark outlined earlier, but could a setting be used? Which may not work for everyone depending upon how their packages are set up, but at least it would be there for those of us who would like it to work this way? At the very least it should be a setting to not demote a user when a package expires if they already have an active copy of that package. Or, you could also take the route to only allow renewals of an existing package and not new purchases but direct the customer appropriately if they try to purchase it new, which would also solve the issue in certain cases.

I really hope a solution can be implemented (using secondary groups doesn't work for us). This really takes away from the automated renewal process we liked so much about Nexus, as we now have to manually change a user's group quite frequently post-renewal.

Thanks.

#24 ᴡᴅツ

ᴡᴅツ

⊙﹏⊙

• +Clients
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:10 PM

I recently submitted a ticket for this issue as it was becoming quite frustrating. We get a lot of package renewals on our site, and this comes up at least every 1 in 3 renewals. After a user pays, in a week they get demoted to the base member user group with fewer privileges, then they contact us quite upset about not getting what they paid for.

I understand the complications that are involved with implementing this fix that Mark outlined earlier, but could a setting be used? Which may not work for everyone depending upon how their packages are set up, but at least it would be there for those of us who would like it to work this way? At the very least it should be a setting to not demote a user when a package expires if they already have an active copy of that package. Or, you could also take the route to only allow renewals of an existing package and not new purchases but direct the customer appropriately if they try to purchase it new, which would also solve the issue in certain cases.

I really hope a solution can be implemented (using secondary groups doesn't work for us). This really takes away from the automated renewal process we liked so much about Nexus, as we now have to manually change a user's group quite frequently post-renewal.

Thanks.

This* was reported in February. We're now in April. No solution as of yet.

P.S
You're not supposed to use primary groups if you have multiple subscriptions. The reason is because a person who is moved from VIP A to VIP B may lose features they already had in VIP A, and it gets complex if there are 5 VIP packages and people have different combinations. This is why I suggested for Nexus to have an accommodating setting or warning for the shop owner to only use secondary groups for multiple subscription packages. Changing primary groups only makes sense if you have just 1 subscription package. Since IP.Subscriptions didn't support multiple subscriptions, this was not a problem. But the developer(s) of Nexus did not take into account this problem (I assume) and is why Nexus delivers headaches to those shop owners selling multiple subscriptions.

*Problem = no combined shipping. See 1st page, bug report.

Feature consistency across IP.Downloads and IP.Board for IP.Content

IPS, please look at the topics I've created regarding feature suggestions. There still are issues that haven't been addressed, as noted above, and the following, as well as this.

#25 -Mary-

-Mary-

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:25 PM

To add on to this, a per-item setting with a maximum quantity that a user can purchase each order and another for how many they can purchase every X amount of days/months/years/lifetime would be ideal and have a slightly broader use.

I would also like to see a maximum quantity that can be purchased option with each product.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users