[FEATURE REQUEST] Soft delete in IPD

21 posts in this topic

Posted

I would like to see soft-delete feature in IPD.

Posted

hey RObiN-HoOD, sorry, I don't understand what's the real need for this in IP.Board... isn't it the same of UNAPPROVE a file (a topic/post in IP.Board) ?

Posted

[quote name='Adriano Faria' timestamp='1301052790' post='2094840']
hey RObiN-HoOD, sorry, I don't understand what's the real need for this in IP.Board... isn't it the same of UNAPPROVE a file (a topic/post in IP.Board) ?

No. Unapproving content means that the content yet hasn't been approved by a moderator. Soft-delete is deleted content but the content is still in-line so that it's easier to restore, backtrack topics, etc.

For instance, if moderator X unapprove a topic to hide it, how would moderator Y know that the topic isn't waiting for approval but rather that the topic is just hidden? This could perhaps be dealt with on smaller boards by a sticky with links to all hidden topics in the staff area but for boards with a large amount of activity this is simply not possible which was why soft-delete was developed in the first place.

nrep, RObiN-HoOD and Adriano Faria like this

Posted

Ahhhh, now I see a REAL use for it. Tks for the explanation.

Posted

I'd also like this feature.

Posted

Is there any chance to get this? It's quite important for me having members soft-deleting their files and restoring them if possible.

Please add it asap.

Posted (edited)

This functionality is already built in to the software..smile.png

Whoops.. Didn't see that you meant for IP.Downloads. :)

Edited by martin-al

Posted

what performance hit does soft delete add ?
if noticeable and is ever going to be added could it be done as an option

Posted

It's a permission thing. Don't think this adds performance hit really.

Posted

I thought that this feature request must be reminded again.

Any news on that? Is there anyone else that is in need of soft-delete for files?

Posted

bump

Posted

Seems that nobody is interested in soft-delete in IPD after all. Quite weird I think.

Since soft-deletion is in IPB engine and I think it should be in IPD and IPG too.

Posted

i would vouch for this feature, it could be soft deleted or added on unapprove feature, where u can unapprove and only the admins and moderator can view the unapproved files. Let the staff approve the file again.
This can be useful feature considering if some people can example report the file has virus, the staff can unapprove the file and investigate the file. Also because there can be tendency for false report on virus or anything unapprove/soft delete feature seems quite usefull.. basically hiding the file from the public

Posted

Exactly. I need to make members submitting files, getting approved by the the mods but later if wanted file submitters should be able to soft-delete their files since it's theirs (there are some copyright getting involved here). So each member can control their copyright work.

The problem now is that if someone deletes the files it's deleted for ever. No restore. If mistaken please correct.

Posted

[quote name='maidos' timestamp='1320342365' post='2191115']
i would vouch for this feature, it could be soft deleted or added on unapprove feature, where u can unapprove and only the admins and moderator can view the unapproved files. Let the staff approve the file again.
This can be useful feature considering if some people can example report the file has virus, the staff can unapprove the file and investigate the file. Also because there can be tendency for false report on virus or anything unapprove/soft delete feature seems quite usefull.. basically hiding the file from the public

Unapprove is already there. This topic is asking for an additional option "soft delete".

Posted

Any chance of getting soft-delete (I guess from now on "Hide") into next version of IPD?

Posted

When information is available about the next release of the software we will blog about it. Until then, there really is no need to bump your topic. :)

AndyF likes this

Posted

Well, hi there again :)

I just saw that the the Gallery 5 will feature HIDE (soft-delete).

I just hope that next gen of IPD will feature HIDE too.

Thank you :D

Posted

Yeah I think the "invisibility" tack is the way forward. Just like you can make topics and posts invisible, files (and maybe their respective support topics) could be make invisible too until the Admin is happy for them to go public?

Posted

Any word on that?