Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Buy Items with Points?

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello :)
Since IPB copying a lot from facebook and twitter, well this can't hurt!

I thought about this today and why not share it :)

You guys know about the points system FB has, so why not make one for Nexus and IP.Board?

Options in Nexus:
Admin:

[*]Select witch group that can buy points (Of curse, admin can choose not to sell or use points)[*] How many points a member can spend(lets say the Item in nexus costs $10, with points: 10Points)[*]Change how much a point cost; 1Point cost 1$ 100Points costs; $15... and so on![*]Maybe an option that a member gets 1 point for each topic, image upload in gallery, blog post, upload in downloads etc)[*]+ more options, of curse your brilliant mind can figure that out :P

[*]Buy points in Nexus(Own section)[*]Own Point bank page(See how many points the user has, spent, etc)[*]Buy items in Nexus(Lets say subscriptions, 1 month cost $15, with points it cost: 150Points)[*]Get points for each created topic, uploaded image in gallery, uploaded file in dowloads, blog post etc!
Well. i dont think this will be considered withing ips walls but it's a money maker app :) So :P

Public/member options:

Nick² and AlexJ like this

Posted

[quote name='Kenneth.' timestamp='1305616984' post='2111662']
Hello :)
Since IPB copying a lot from facebook and twitter, well this can't hurt!

Like where IPB copyed something? Seriously.. Just because a feature or two is named the same or similar, and it works similary to other softwares, it does not mean it is copied... getlost.png Its called a similar feature. lol

Posted

Althrough this suggestion is quite nice, what advantage does this actualy have if enabled?

Herofiles ★ likes this

Posted

[quote name='AndreyA' timestamp='1305618949' post='2111665']
Althrough this suggestion is quite nice, what advantage does this actualy have if enabled?

Well, like it says, members got these options:

[*]Buy points in Nexus(Own section)[*]Own Point bank page(See how many points the user has, spent, etc)[*]Buy items in Nexus(Lets say subscriptions, 1 month cost $15, with points it cost: 150Points)[*]Get points for each created topic, uploaded image in gallery, uploaded file in dowloads, blog post etc!
But, its an suggestion for IP.Nexus, im 100% sure this will never see the light ;)

And if anyone got more options to see, just post it here :)

Posted

no? Bad idea maybe?

Posted

Maybe you should learn to be patient, you waited two days and bumped your topic. As Mark keeps repeating, he DOES read suggestion, and if he has nothing to add or to ask, he doesn't reply. Simple.

Mark and Nick² like this

Posted

<_< Well, i take it as a hint that suggestion will go to the secret trashcan :shifty:

Btw, im not aiming for anyone at staff right now :P but members..what they think of it :P
i already know what IPS think, so no worry :rolleyes:

Posted

"But, its an suggestion for IP.Nexus, im 100% sure this will never see the light ;)"

That alone was trying to get a reaction from the staff. And again,

"<_< Well, i take it as a hint that suggestion will go to the secret trashcan :shifty:"

That one too.

Members are not the ones who run the development process so I don't see why you'd want comments from other people than the developers, unless they can improve the idea.

Posted

C......>_<

Posted

[quote name='Kenneth.' timestamp='1305835786' post='2112524']
i already know what IPS think, so no worry :rolleyes:

Do you also happen to know this week's lottery numbers?

Posted

[quote name='Mark' timestamp='1305843379' post='2112551']

6 15 20 36 38 42 Bonus 4
Sadly, this was yesterday's....

^^ [/offtopic]

Posted

Oh...yeah, Mark, i know, because 1 of 50 suggestions goes to the development here! Suggestions like this will NEVER see the light here on IPB!

NON of my 15 suggestions to improve gallery never came, it was very good suggestions, but all i got was a...hmm..neh...next.....
Not only me, i see other suggestions are not answered by ANYone from the staff.. thats such a shame for IPB! Lots of my suggestions has been deleted..so..
I don't like BIG developers, those who think they are so Awesome that they cant answer suggestion from a PAYING customer!

and when that thing above me comment with that pathetic post(s), i thought... why not write something more...lets say...not so off topic!

Or is it that you CANT handle suggestions with polite answers, like: We will see into it, but i can't promise anything yet, thanks for the suggestion :), thats better than Nothing!?
I'm tierd of the posts that staff make, about they are reading it, but...hm.. nothing get done?!
I wonder...do you really care about suggestions?..nooo, dont say yes, because we all know thats not true!..

Yeah, i may be rude to what ever, but thats the hard truth Mr.Mark!

Posted

[quote name='Mark' timestamp='1305843379' post='2112551']

wanted to write something else but, i can be banned for say anything against you or the truth!! ..
so i leave it to my money next time!

Posted

Sorry, I seem to have struck a nerve.

As I seem to explaining on a daily basis, while we do read every suggestion, we cannot reply to every one individually. This doesn't mean that we don't appreciate them or won't implement them, just that we don't have anything to add.

All I meant by my reply was that you don't know what we're thinking, and what you apparently think we're thinking is far from what we're actually thinking ;)

For what it's worth, I thought your suggestion was remarkably lucid and cogent.

Posted

Alright :) - Gooooood...:)
Too much thinking :shifty: hoho
Well, what i mean are that, staff shouldn't make time to see over the suggestions, they should take time to it :) all i'm saying :)

thanks for a friendly reply Mark :thumbsup:

Posted

This has been suggestion at least a dozen times. This would be a valuable feature some members would use. Seems as though the security issues and risk of fraud might outweigh the benefits (at least for IPS to do it on their own). If someone was able to artificially give themselves points, IPS could be on the hook for a lot of money and a lot of angry users.

Posted

[quote name='AndreyA' timestamp='1305618812' post='2111664']
Like where IPB copyed something? Seriously.. Just because a feature or two is named the same or similar, and it works similary to other softwares, it does not mean it is copied... getlost.png Its called a similar feature. lol

Ideas still copied though as in their dev updates they mention how facebook or other sites do something they have added to ipb. Everyone gets dideas from others so no ened to pretend only vb gets ideas from others and ipb doesn't. Both do and basically any program that's made is far from 100% original. How can you really make something 100% original? if you name it well even naming is copied fromw hoever first named a program. Technically. lol

Posted

By the way I was thinking of integrating my point system with Nexus... It can only be integrated in certain ways if I do it though as not "everything" can be done to Nexus since it's not open source. I would just do it through another app integrated WITH Nexus as it can't necessarily eb done directly into ther Nexus app itself.

Posted

[quote name='mmmodding' timestamp='1306902790' post='2115729']
By the way I was thinking of integrating my point system with Nexus... It can only be integrated in certain ways if I do it though as not "everything" can be done to Nexus since it's not open source. I would just do it through another app integrated WITH Nexus as it can't necessarily eb done directly into ther Nexus app itself.

Hmm. should be working with all apps(Gallery4, Blog, Downloads, board, etc)
Job for IPS and their supermancoding :P well, if not its worth a try, in the end some others have to do it :P

Posted

Kenneth while this was a nice idea and i would like to see implemented as well, you need to relax on the staff here a lil bit. They have so much going, especially right now its crazy. There are alot of things most of us would like to see, but it all just cant be done (at once). Honestly as far as staff personality and public relations go, IPB has the best. The "OTHER SOFTWARE" staff (edited lol) will ban you for....err nvm, i wont get into that but just have a look around and you will see what i mean. So please if you feel that way about these guys then keep them to yourself, they make the forums look...ugly.

Have a nice day bro.wink.png

Posted

While i was reading this i was immediately thinking about emoney.

Posted

I like the idea about puchasing points (maybe even with bitcoins?).

Posted

This could be an idea to contact one of the credits/points people about.
I know I am new here but when I was with vBulletin everything was an add on. I brought a points system that integrated into their own store system and it worked similar to how you said.

Maybe if we contacted coders of points systems, actually gave them donations rather than saying that we will and never do so they can purchase Nexus if they don't already have it they may be able to work on some sort of coding for it.

Just an idea, although I love IPS having add ons we can't rely on them for absolutely every whim we have.

Posted

I keep trying to think of new apps to make related to points, but I;m not sure whether I would do it as part of the points system or a standalone app. And depending on features in it I don't know if i would do it free or not. honestly at first glance it seems that some of it would be easy to make though.

Not owning Nexus wouldn't likely keep me from being able to do it, but then of course I couldn't test it to be sure I did it right.

Herofiles ★ likes this

Posted

If you updated your sports betting to 3.2 I would purchase it (and donate) that should get you closer to owning Nexus haha.

Herofiles ★ likes this