27 replies to this topic

#21 Jeuhen

Jeuhen

IPB Full Member

• Previous Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:16 AM

While i was reading this i was immediately thinking about emoney.

#22 joelle

joelle

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 795 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:49 AM

I like the idea about puchasing points (maybe even with bitcoins?).

#23 merk_aus

merk_aus

Advanced Member

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:51 PM

This could be an idea to contact one of the credits/points people about.
I know I am new here but when I was with vBulletin everything was an add on. I brought a points system that integrated into their own store system and it worked similar to how you said.

Maybe if we contacted coders of points systems, actually gave them donations rather than saying that we will and never do so they can purchase Nexus if they don't already have it they may be able to work on some sort of coding for it.

Just an idea, although I love IPS having add ons we can't rely on them for absolutely every whim we have.

Posted Image

#24 Midnight Modding

Midnight Modding

Needs Hobby

• +Clients
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:07 PM

I keep trying to think of new apps to make related to points, but I;m not sure whether I would do it as part of the points system or a standalone app. And depending on features in it I don't know if i would do it free or not. honestly at first glance it seems that some of it would be easy to make though.

Not owning Nexus wouldn't likely keep me from being able to do it, but then of course I couldn't test it to be sure I did it right.
  • Herofiles ★ likes this
If you want any custom apps or have ideas for some that may do well publicly, let me know.
Points App
Reviewing App
Betting App
Tournaments App

#25 merk_aus

merk_aus

Advanced Member

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:15 PM

If you updated your sports betting to 3.2 I would purchase it (and donate) that should get you closer to owning Nexus haha.
  • Herofiles ★ likes this

Posted Image

#26 william16

william16

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

*agrees*

#27 MikeNg

MikeNg

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

I would love to have an add-on like this. I'm also WILLING TO PAY for an add-on like this.

Having the point system promotes user interaction and encourage members to be helpful and post a lot. This would create a community much faster as well.

#28 Midnight Modding

Midnight Modding

Needs Hobby

• +Clients
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:57 AM

I have no idea if I'll have much time the next couple weeks or not. Like i said though since I don't own Nexus I won't be able to test to be sure it works if I do make it. And no idea on a price at this point either.
If you want any custom apps or have ideas for some that may do well publicly, let me know.
Points App
Reviewing App
Betting App
Tournaments App

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users