Photo

Getting frustrated with Support being unable to help with Nexus problems because of encoding

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 CessPoolCleaner

CessPoolCleaner

Code GooRoo

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:10 PM

Exactly what I am complaining about the documentation there is not complete, reflection? documentation!

In any case would reflection tell me that I needed to use 'customer::load( $invoice->member );' to get at the information in an action file?

So show me how to get information from the encoded files to enable me to do what I want, not everyone is a php guru we just want to do stuff not win software engineering contests!

JLogica .. has left the building .. Hope you all have a lovely and productive life.

#22 Mark

Mark

I dropped the "iggy"

• IPS Staff
  • 8,379 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:31 AM

Well that depends. What do you want to do?

Mark Wade
Developer

zce-php5-3-logo.gif php5-zce-logo-new.gif

#23 Francismori7_2

Francismori7_2

IPB Full Member

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:58 AM

Make the shipping dynamic for example by calling the U(S)PS API.

#24 CessPoolCleaner

CessPoolCleaner

Code GooRoo

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

Sigh .. your answers are seemingly getting a bit glib I assume you are not being intentionally offensive.
  • Not all of us have Zend Engineer Certification .. how do we build this reflection thingy .. I already asked this previously
  • I showed the example where the solution was to use ''customer::load( $invoice->member ' how would I have found that on my own?
The best answer, apart from stopping this encoding silliness, is to provide us with a meaningful sample to show us how to do what we need. Then it is available for others to use... Of course if we are able to basically hack in this way people who do the noorty stuff would probably be able to do as much damage as having the source.

BTW you do realise that there are a number of people who have utilities to unencode Zend/IonCube.

JLogica .. has left the building .. Hope you all have a lovely and productive life.

#25 Mark

Mark

I dropped the "iggy"

• IPS Staff
  • 8,379 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

Make the shipping dynamic for example by calling the U(S)PS API.

The method which calculates shipping is public_nexus_payments_pay::addShipping() - the method which displays the form is public_nexus_payments_pay::selectShipping().

Sigh .. your answers are seemingly getting a bit glib I assume you are not being intentionally offensive.

• Not all of us have Zend Engineer Certification .. how do we build this reflection thingy .. I already asked this previously
  • I showed the example where the solution was to use ''customer::load( $invoice->member ' how would I have found that on my own?
The best answer, apart from stopping this encoding silliness, is to provide us with a meaningful sample to show us how to do what we need. Then it is available for others to use... Of course if we are able to basically hack in this way people who do the noorty stuff would probably be able to do as much damage as having the source.

BTW you do realise that there are a number of people who have utilities to unencode Zend/IonCube.

Not meaning to be rude at all - I apologise if I came off that way.

You said "provide us with a meaningful sample to show us how to do what we need" again though without telling me what it is you need - let me know what you're trying to do and I'll happily point you in the right direction :)

Regarding Reflection: see http://php.net/manua....reflection.php

Mark Wade
Developer

#26 CessPoolCleaner

CessPoolCleaner

Code GooRoo

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:46 PM

Not meaning to be rude at all - I apologise if I came off that way.

Not rude no .. just you know what you are talking about .. I/we don't it is a recipe for frustration...

You said "provide us with a meaningful sample to show us how to do what we need" again though without telling me what it is you need - let me know what you're trying to do and I'll happily point you in the right direction

Right at the moment I am sim coding so trying to think PHP and the sim language at the same time frizzles my hair (which is neat seeing as I am almost crew cut).

Regarding Reflection: see http://php.net/manua....reflection.php

Told yah frizzled hair .. :baby:

#27 .time

.time

Spam Happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:47 PM

I feel for the OP here. This bug is preventing me from launching my advert store (one of the reasons I bought Nexus), if that file weren't encoded I could have fixed it in 15 seconds, but instead I'm waiting almost a week for a developer to patch my install (Ticket #747415). This is more than a small problem because it prevents people from buying ads altogether and it makes me wonder how any site out there is selling ads with nexus :\

I love Nexus and IPS but I think you should go the WHMCS route and only encode mission-critical files.
  • Haku2 likes this

#28 Mark

Mark

I dropped the "iggy"

• IPS Staff
  • 8,379 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

I feel for the OP here. This bug is preventing me from launching my advert store (one of the reasons I bought Nexus), if that file weren't encoded I could have fixed it in 15 seconds, but instead I'm waiting almost a week for a developer to patch my install (Ticket #747415). This is more than a small problem because it prevents people from buying ads altogether and it makes me wonder how any site out there is selling ads with nexus :\

I love Nexus and IPS but I think you should go the WHMCS route and only encode mission-critical files.

I'll make sure that gets patched for you tomorrow. Sorry for any inconvenience.
  • .time and Francismori7_2 like this

Mark Wade
Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users