Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

IP.Gallery 4 - How to put the description below the image

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Is there an easy way to put the image description below the image like it used to be?

Because I don't see any reason for putting it on top of the image which still has an open bug going on and and it really does not look good, at all. The image is the most important part within a gallery, and when you stick the description on top of the image, you just ruin both, the image and the description.

Tiki Tiki likes this

Posted

I have an album cover gallery that includes track titles, release dates, iTunes purchase links, etc., in the description. I have not "upgraded" to Gallery 4 yet, there are just too many problems with it, but I am also wondering what the heck I can do to keep the description field working the way it did in Gallery 3.

Posted

I must be missing something. The image descriptions here with Gallery 4 are at the bottom of the image. The appalling thing is the description goes over the image. What is above the image is its title. I'm fine with that.

I'm sticking with 3.1.4 and Gallery 3 for the forseeable future. If and when IPS makes the gallery usable again I'll upgrade.

3DKiwi

Posted

Some users put text and images within the description. And if you put the description on top of the actual uploaded image, something like this happens. This is just not the way it should look.

Posted

Thanks for the link. That looks awful and should be fixed..

3DKiwi