Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Support (my strong concerns)

39 posts in this topic

Posted

So for sometime I've been able to view the topics within the support forum (although I would imagine posting this fact, may soon restrict it).

And while I noticed there is a lot of activity in regarding IPB (forum), I noticed a little more than a few, unanswered and un-addressed questions for Invisions many other products. Which leaves me to wonder if this community is not so friendly & freely to forth coming information or the scopes of the questions, just are very complex and no one here has the answers!? But then I have to wonder, why doesn't the staff address these topics?

So my question for both staff and customers is... Why are there more than a few topics un-addressed and how helpful do you find the support forums for other Invision products, besides the foums (IPB)?

Posted

[quote name='The Visitors' timestamp='1308314629' post='2124609']
So for sometime I've been able to view the topics within the support forum (although I would imagine posting this fact, may soon restrict it).

Regarding your first point, you've said this numerous times, but whenever we have asked you to provide proof of this you haven't been able to show us. We've tested non-customer accounts and none of our tests allowed us access to those forums.

Posted

[quote name='Alex' timestamp='1308315037' post='2124613']

Regarding your first point, you've said this numerous times, but whenever we have asked you to provide proof of this you haven't been able to show us. We've tested non-customer accounts and none of our tests allowed us access to those forums.

Posted

[quote name='Alex' timestamp='1308315037' post='2124613']

I can't read the topics in the customer forums, but I can access it as a non-customer. (This account)

Posted

[quote name='The Visitors' timestamp='1308314629' post='2124609']

And while I noticed there is a lot of activity in regarding IPB (forum), I noticed a little more than a few, unanswered and un-addressed questions for Invisions many other products. Which leaves me to wonder if this community is not so friendly & freely to forth coming information or the scopes of the questions, just are very complex and no one here has the answers!? But then I have to wonder, why doesn't the staff address these topics?

So my question for both staff and customers is... Why are there more than a few topics un-addressed and how helpful do you find the support forums for other Invision products, besides the foums (IPB)?

The fact is the support is almost like a chain; if I have a problem I will post it in the community forums and 90% of the time it will get an answer. If it does not then I will go to the client area where the staff are assigned to deal with the issue and they do it in a very time effective manner.

If your forum is down you click the client critical box which normally prompts a response within 10 minutes. The community does a lot and helps a lot of people and I highly doubt as Alex has said; you can see the customer forums.

Proof maybe?

Collin S. likes this

Posted

[quote name='The Visitors']
sometime I've been able to view the topics within the support forum

Your above screenshot does not show that.

Posted

[quote name='Andrej' timestamp='1308315248' post='2124618']

I can't read the topics in the customer forums, but I can access it as a non-customer. (This account)

See screen shot above.

You'd think someone would lie about this?! :rolleyes:

Posted

[quote name='The Visitors' timestamp='1308315428' post='2124621']

See screen shot above.

You'd think someone would lie about this?! :rolleyes:

Proves the correction

Its impossible for you to view them topics you can only see the list so how POSSIBLY could you judge the support from a topic view list

Posted

[quote name='PSNation' timestamp='1308315387' post='2124619']

The fact is the support is almost like a chain; if I have a problem I will post it in the community forums and 90% of the time it will get an answer. If it does not then I will go to the client area where the staff are assigned to deal with the issue and they do it in a very time effective manner.

If your forum is down you click the client critical box which normally prompts a response within 10 minutes. The community does a lot and helps a lot of people and I highly doubt as Alex has said; you can see the customer forums.

Proof maybe?

As I understand it, the support system is for technical issues (problems). So yes, if my forum was to crash or I received some odd error... I'm sure they would be all over it.

But for less emergency questions such as... Does anyone know how to make a BB code for X? Or other important questions that have gone un-answered, such as Custom Field / Action question for Nexus.

It the odd ends (non emergency) topics or questions I wonder about

Posted

[quote name='The Visitors' timestamp='1308315781' post='2124630']

As I understand it, the support system is for technical issues (problems). So yes, if my forum was to crash or I received some odd error... I'm sure they would be all over it.

But for less emergency questions such as... Does anyone know how to make a BB code for X? Or other important questions that have gone un-answered, such as Custom Field / Action question for Nexus.

Now,

It is described as a support ticket so if you have something unanswered which is hampering your personal experience it can be asked in there.

I am guessing that with your supernatural account you can see the modification requests forum for such requests as BB Codes?

Posted

[quote name='PSNation' timestamp='1308315570' post='2124625']

Proves the correction

Its impossible for you to view them topics you can only see the list so how POSSIBLY could you judge the support from a topic view list

0 replies + X amount of time of thread = No answers

Posted

You can submit general questions to the ticket system as well, so long as it's regarding a function within one of the products.

Marcher Technologies and Alex like this

Posted

But for less emergency questions such as... Does anyone know how to make a BB code for X? Or other important questions that have gone un-answered, such as....

Custom Field / Action question

for Nexus.

You're assuming from what the topic title says, you can't possibly know what the actual question is. Just for your reference, the user is asking for help on a making a custom PHP file - which is outside the scope of our support, and is also something that not all of our customers would be able to assist with.

I don't see how you can judge the support when you can't actually read the topics..

Posted

Is it good company policy to lock pre-sale questions you dislike?

My question seemed to be a valid one. I was not attempting to troll. In Invision 3.1, I could not see the topics before. I was surprised I could in 3.2. If this is standard for everyone now, then I was unaware & do apologize. But the fact that I can not "read" the topic and only view it the title, start date, and how many replies, does not remove my concerns about support and thus makes it a valid question.

If you visited a support forum and saw topics on page 1 and they were weeks or maybe a months old, without replies... You could indeed be a little concern that it was lacking.

Posted

Of the ones there 2 have no replies and they are both advanced questions or general talk

Posted

[quote name='PSNation' timestamp='1308316603' post='2124644']
Of the ones there 2 have no replies and they are both advanced questions or general talk

Could you please be so kind as to confirm this in the Blog, Nexus, and Gallery forums?

Posted

You, sir, do not know when to stop Gnawing the bone. 10/1 these unanswered topics you see are Advanced high-level questions and such.

♥ Adam ♠ likes this

Posted

[quote name='Marcher Technologies' timestamp='1308316803' post='2124647']
You, sir, do not know when to stop Gnawing the bone. 10/1 these unanswered topics you see are Advanced high-level questions and such.

I do not understand why my question was seen with such hostility. It was a valid questions and it was drawn from valid concerns.

0 replies + weeks / months + "X" amount of such topics = Pre-sale concerns

I was not trying to attack Invsion or put down anything. It was a valid point of view.

Posted

[quote name='The Visitors' timestamp='1308316761' post='2124645']

Could you please be so kind as to confirm this in the Blog, Nexus, and Gallery forums?

Unless you confirm to me your purchase of these I do not see the need to

Posted

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/339858-pre-sale/

I do not understand why my question was seen with such hostility. It was a valid questions and it was drawn from valid concerns.

0 replies + weeks / months + "X" amount of such topics = Pre-sale concerns

I was not trying to attack Invsion or put down anything. It was a valid point of view.

I have my answers. Thank you.

Posted

No offence, but after 200+ posts here and several topics in this forum, I would have thought by now, you would have decided if IP.Board is for you or not.

It is a great product, but as with anything in life we have to make decisions. The more you ask, the greater the risk that you will talk yourself out of a great product.

Posted

[quote name='PSNation' timestamp='1308317271' post='2124653']

Unless you confirm to me your purchase of these I do not see the need to

The whole point of a pre-sale forum is to find information before you purchase.
Was not asking for a copy & paste of the topics. Simply a "yes" or "no" to my question.

But if you are un-willing to help, I thank you for your time and wish you well.

Posted

My final statement on this

If the support forum does not provide an answer which is rare then the IPS staff ALWAYS do

Posted

I've merged your topics.

Anyone can see the support forum exists
Anyone can see the forum index (the list of topics)
Only those with an active license can view the topic / reply to the topic / start a new topic.

Alex, Andrej, PSNation and 2 others like this

Posted

[quote name='PSNation' timestamp='1308317678' post='2124658']
My final statement on this

If the support forum does not provide an answer which is rare then the IPS staff ALWAYS do

Thank you. :)

That was all I wanted to know. You have been very helpful.