10 replies to this topic

#1 Maxxius

Maxxius

Spam Happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

A much needed feature is to allow only certain groups to use custom content blocks.

Now it's on or off. No controlling who can use them. Either anyone who can create a blog can, or noone can. That's not flexible.
  • CallieJo likes this

IP.Board 4.0 / 3.4.6 / 3.3.4 / 3.2.3 Lithuanian language packs will not be sold through IPS Marketplace. If you need it please contact me directly.

#2 Lux Aeterna

Lux Aeterna

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 169 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

A much needed feature is to allow only certain groups to use custom content blocks.

Now it's on or off. No controlling who can use them. Either anyone who can create a blog can, or noone can. That's not flexible.

Yes Please :)

This would be very very nice for Ads/Widget management.

Some people have needs to allow custom blocks with unique widgets/ads with metric tracking embedded in code.

Example 1:

Say you have 20 blog writers you make a deal with to show 1-2 ads linked to their adsense account, and 1 add linked to your website's adsense account.

That is a lot of custom ads that need their own custom block for proper metrics tracking.

Then, you have all your other normal blog users who are not in your ad program and just like to write random stuff, you put your default ad blocks in these.

Example 2:

You write a blog about Widget Y and want to show your amazon affiliate widget for the Widget Y product in the blog... need custom block for widget Y

Next you write a blog about Widget X and want to show your amazon affiliate widget for the Widget X product in the blog... need custom block for widget X

You don't want your other blog users to have these options, but you want to place targeted custom ads inside their blogs possibly relevant to their blog topic... need custom blocks that you can add to their blog, but they can't add/manipulate.

Overall... Really need more options to allow blocks for certain groups/users.

Or... show me a way to include javascript of these type of unique ads/widgets and not be stripped when inserted into a blog post even using raw HTML D:
  • Maxxius likes this

#3 Maxxius

Maxxius

Spam Happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

Has anything been done to address this suggestion?

Was it made available yet?

Is it planned on 3.3.x series?

IP.Board 4.0 / 3.4.6 / 3.3.4 / 3.2.3 Lithuanian language packs will not be sold through IPS Marketplace. If you need it please contact me directly.

#4 Maxxius

Maxxius

Spam Happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

Also another good thing would be to let administrator approve custom blocks created by members before they can be use them publically.

Letting people to set up their own blocks where they can add banners, links, etc. gives them incentive to post more blogs and make the block more personal. Please.. am I the only one who sees some good in this? Post what you think.

#5 Maxxius

Maxxius

Spam Happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

Please, IPS team, drop a line thinking if you even consider this suggestion :)

#6 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

• +Clients
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

I don't think anyone really read my Tips and Tricks, You can use this in IP.Content including Blocks: http://community.inv...-statement-r611

The long wait is over, Enjoy. :D
  • Maxxius likes this

Did you like my Post? Did I Help you anyway with the contents of my Post? Well Than...

Please say Thank you by Pressing the Button on the right side of the my Post:  gallery_146014_1635_618.png

#7 Maxxius

Maxxius

Spam Happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

Sinice I saw the first blog entry about IP.Blog I bump this topic hoping that IPS would implement this simple yet much needed functions:

- A much needed feature is to allow only certain groups to use custom content blocks.

- Also another good thing would be to let administrator approve custom blocks created by members (which belong to specified groups) before they can be use them publically.

Letting people to set up their own blocks where they can add banners, links, etc. gives them incentive to post more blogs and make the block more personal.

Now it's on or off. No controlling who can use them and difficult to track, etc.. Either anyone who can create a blog can, or no one can. That's not flexible at all.

#8 Maxxius

Maxxius

Spam Happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

Didn't read about it yet on

http://community.inv...-and-odds-ends/

:D

guys. cammmmonnn :)

#9 Maxxius

Maxxius

Spam Happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

Still nothing...., why you always overlook this function request??

- LET US CONTROL AND APPROVE CUSTOM CONTENT BLOCKS created by members before blocks can be shown at their BLOGS! WHY IT IS SO STALE AT BLOG DEPARTMENT?

now for example somebody creates spamlike custom blocks within their blogs and there even no way to quickly locate them at ACP. you have to go thru each and every members' blog to look for spam custom blocks.

IPS read this topic once and for all and try to do something about it before IPB 4 comes out!!

#10 newbie LAC

newbie LAC

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 869 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

Sinice I saw the first blog entry about IP.Blog I bump this topic hoping that IPS would implement this simple yet much needed functions:

- A much needed feature is to allow only certain groups to use custom content blocks.

- Also another good thing would be to let administrator approve custom blocks created by members (which belong to specified groups) before they can be use them publically.

1. http://community.inv...-ccb-per-group/

2. http://community.inv...content-blocks/

• Maxxius likes this

<<<Have a nice day>>>

#11 Maxxius

Maxxius

Spam Happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

Finally! Thank YOU!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users