Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Old Customer

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello. In 2008 (i believe) I purchased IPB. I am not sure how long my license was for or whether or not I could even still obtain and use the copy I purchased as the installation files have long since burnt up, literally. I am making a venture into making a website again and of course I need IPB (best forum software out there in my personal opinion.)

I suppose my questions are as follows.

Can I obtain my old copy of IPB from IPS and use it or do I have to update?
I do not remember any of my login information from that time, i've scoured all my email accounts searching for keywords and have come up dry, is that possible to obtain?

In a nut shell, is it possible for me to re-enter the IPS community and use my old forum installation file and/or what steps must i now take to obtain what i need to get re-started.

Thank you for your time.

Posted

If you have an existing copy of the files, you may use them to your hearts content as long as you don't break the License agreement (1 live install, 1 test)

Beyond that, you will need to renew your support agreement at the normal rate (depending on your license type) to re-gain access, at which point you'll have the ability to use the current (and any future versions that they may release in that 6 months) version.

You would probably want to email sales@invisionpower.com or http://www.invisionpower.com/company/contact.php

Posted

Hello,

You should upgrade to IPS lateset supported software in this case (right now) 3.1.4. You should email accounts@invisionpower.com for help with your old account, i suspect you well have to renew support, so you can download your copy of IP.Board

Posted

Hi,

From my understanding you would need to prove to accounts that you are the owner of the account - perhaps via email address etc.

if you own a licence then you can renew that which is often $25, but depends upon the licence held.

I would suggest an email to accounts@invisionpower.com giving as much information as possible to locate your account.

if you still have access to your old email, then you can try and log in at http://www.invisionpower.com/clients using the lost password option and you can renew from there.

ZackL likes this

Posted

Thanks for your answer. I do not have a copy of the files as they were lost in a fire two years ago, which makes me sad. I was hoping perhaps a team member would help me obtain my old copy so I can get started building and then upgrade to the latest version once I get my next paycheck (i'm paid monthly) If that is not possible then if someone could help me obtain my old login information that would be helpful. I have all my personal information obviously, i didn't know if there was perhaps a way to look me up.

Edit: Thats great, thanks for your help, my needs to get started have been satisfied. I appreciate the timely help everyone.

Posted (edited)

You would need to submit a ticket or at least email accounts@invisionpower.com so we could assist you better.

Edited by BrianGarcia
Wrong email

Posted

How do I submit a ticket? I have found my old receipt and some other information including the email I signed up with. I tried to log in with the information in the email and I was rejected, it would appear i'm no longer registered in the system perhaps.

Edit: I have sent an email to accounts, i'm sure this is now resolved or in the process of. Thank you for your time everyone.

ZackL likes this