6 replies to this topic

#1 NickSteele

NickSteele

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

Hello. In 2008 (i believe) I purchased IPB. I am not sure how long my license was for or whether or not I could even still obtain and use the copy I purchased as the installation files have long since burnt up, literally. I am making a venture into making a website again and of course I need IPB (best forum software out there in my personal opinion.)

I suppose my questions are as follows.

Can I obtain my old copy of IPB from IPS and use it or do I have to update?
I do not remember any of my login information from that time, i've scoured all my email accounts searching for keywords and have come up dry, is that possible to obtain?

In a nut shell, is it possible for me to re-enter the IPS community and use my old forum installation file and/or what steps must i now take to obtain what i need to get re-started.

Thank you for your time.

#2 Robulosity2

Robulosity2

Needs Serious Help

• +Clients
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:53 PM

If you have an existing copy of the files, you may use them to your hearts content as long as you don't break the License agreement (1 live install, 1 test)

Beyond that, you will need to renew your support agreement at the normal rate (depending on your license type) to re-gain access, at which point you'll have the ability to use the current (and any future versions that they may release in that 6 months) version.

You would probably want to email sales@invisionpower.com or http://www.invisionp...any/contact.php

#3 .Ian

.Ian

Needs Life

• +Clients
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

Hi,

From my understanding you would need to prove to accounts that you are the owner of the account - perhaps via email address etc.

if you own a licence then you can renew that which is often $25, but depends upon the licence held.

I would suggest an email to accounts@invisionpower.com giving as much information as possible to locate your account.

if you still have access to your old email, then you can try and log in at http://www.invisionpower.com/clients using the lost password option and you can renew from there.
  • ZackL likes this

Add Comet Chat to your community :smile:  

Non League UK

Play safe and purchase IP.Board from IPS! - click here to buy

Converting from Vbulletin, phpBB or another forum to IPB? Click here for the conversion service - it might be free!

IPS Hosting - click here for the prices & specifications. Some packages include a free version of IP.Board!

#4 NickSteele

NickSteele

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:58 PM

Thanks for your answer. I do not have a copy of the files as they were lost in a fire two years ago, which makes me sad. I was hoping perhaps a team member would help me obtain my old copy so I can get started building and then upgrade to the latest version once I get my next paycheck (i'm paid monthly) If that is not possible then if someone could help me obtain my old login information that would be helpful. I have all my personal information obviously, i didn't know if there was perhaps a way to look me up.

Edit: Thats great, thanks for your help, my needs to get started have been satisfied. I appreciate the timely help everyone.

#5 Cmarenburg

Cmarenburg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:55 PM

Hello,

You should upgrade to IPS lateset supported software in this case (right now) 3.1.4. You should email accounts@invisionpower.com for help with your old account, i suspect you well have to renew support, so you can download your copy of IP.Board
Flying RC airplanes; Owning a hobby farm; going to school; in 4-H; gee more then i thought i did, although i am having fun with most at most of those activities :D

#6 .Brian

.Brian

Needs Hobby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:00 PM

You would need to submit a ticket or at least email accounts@invisionpower.com so we could assist you better.

Edited by BrianGarcia, 26 June 2011 - 04:01 PM.
Wrong email

#7 NickSteele

NickSteele

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:27 PM

How do I submit a ticket? I have found my old receipt and some other information including the email I signed up with. I tried to log in with the information in the email and I was rejected, it would appear i'm no longer registered in the system perhaps.

Edit: I have sent an email to accounts, i'm sure this is now resolved or in the process of. Thank you for your time everyone.
  • ZackL likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users