24 replies to this topic

#1 OxyFuse

OxyFuse

IPB Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:01 PM

When "Manually Approve All Payments" is set to "Yes" and customer pays, in the Client Area it is still marked as "Pending Invoice". Wouldn't it be nice if there is something like 'On-Hold Invoice"? "Pending Invoice" where actually it is already paid is really confusing to customers and may also result on multiple payments.
  • Maxxius, .time, Sean James and 1 other like this

#2 OxyFuse

OxyFuse

IPB Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

Forgot to add that the "Pay Now' button should also be disabled since it was actually being paid already.

Related Suggestion: http://community.inv...in-client-area/
  • Sean James likes this

#3 Sean James

Sean James

IPB Full Member

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:51 AM

I agree, I have had 2 people email me worried beacuse they saw the Paypal funds leave their account but they still had the button to pay in the client area.

This button should be disabled and a notice shown.

#4 Sean James

Sean James

IPB Full Member

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

This was not fixed in 1.3.1 either which is very dissapointing. Pretty much 90% of all my customers are always emailing me after a purchase concerned why they see a 'buy now' button after purchase instead of something saying pending.

This should of really been a high priority fix :(

#5 cmiller

cmiller

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 384 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

This was not fixed in 1.3.1 either which is very dissapointing. Pretty much 90% of all my customers are always emailing me after a purchase concerned why they see a 'buy now' button after purchase instead of something saying pending.

This should of really been a high priority fix Posted Image

Email me? ;)
My simple wish list to make IPB the ULTIMATE community software and more profitable for site owners.
  • UNIVERSAL GLOBAL SIDEBARS ON ALL PAGES
  • THE ABILITY TO USE AFFILIATE MARKETING LINKS IN IP.NEXUS
  • MAKE IP.CONTENT USEABLE FOR THE LAYPERSON. CONTENT IS KING!
  • ADD AN EASY TO USE CLOUD BASED BACKUP OPTION. (SEE BACKUP BUDDY FOR WORDPRESS)
  • IMPROVE UPON THE BANNER MANAGEMENT WITHIN IP.NEXUS. (MORE LOCATIONS, MORE FLEXIBILITY)
  • ADD AN EMAIL NEWSLETTER FEATURE (AUTO SEND, NEW POSTS, W/OPTIONS - KEEPS 'EM COMING BACK!)
Help me make money with your software, and i'll buy more licenses. Period! $$$

#6 Sean James

Sean James

IPB Full Member

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:01 AM

lol Chris, hope you are well?

Email u when i get home mate.

#7 OxyFuse

OxyFuse

IPB Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:02 AM

@Sean
Have you not experienced multiple payments of an invoice?

Hopefully, this will be included in 1.3.2 together with this: http://community.inv...in-client-area/

#8 Sean James

Sean James

IPB Full Member

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:57 AM

Nah mate I have not experienced a problem with multiple invoices.

But I do have a problem atm that the download button in the client area is blank below the 'support request' button.
Still waiting for a reponse from my support ticket from almost a day ago. Getting at least 5 emails per day from customers who cannot figure out where to download their skin.

Attached Files

#9 Francismori7_2

Francismori7_2

IPB Full Member

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

But I do have a problem atm that the download button in the client area is blank below the 'support request' button.
Still waiting for a reponse from my support ticket from almost a day ago. Getting at least 5 emails per day from customers who cannot figure out where to download their skin.

Does the button work even if it's not written anything? If so, just go into the templates and change the text yourself.

#10 Richard.C

Richard.C

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 602 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

We experience this also. We end up with multiple pending invoices in the ACP.

currently we have to remove the buttons in various templates, not an ideal situation

Are we there yet? how many more minutes 'till we're there? It's so not fair! I hate you! - Welcome to Christmas 2011

ST Owners Club

#11 Sean James

Sean James

IPB Full Member

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

Is this bug going to be fixed in the next release.

Customers are paying for items but because our shop requires us to validate all orders, the button in their client area says 'pay now' instead of 'pending'

Every morning I wake up to customers freaking out that the funds have been taken from their Paypal accounts but the client area says for them to pay for the invoice.

#12 Mark

Mark

I dropped the "iggy"

• IPS Staff
  • 8,377 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:14 AM

It's not a bug, but I do see your point.

What confuses me though, is how people cannot understand what's happening. IP.Nexus both displays a screen explaining what's happening (unless I suppose they don't click "Return to Merchant" from PayPal) and sends them an email.

Have you checked to make sure your emails are going out and there's no problem there? We have literally dozens of new purchases a day and also manually approve a large chunk of them, and since switching to IP.Nexus, very few people comment on it. I'm thinking perhaps something else is going on here.

It's kind of difficult to come up with a solution if I can't imagine why the current functionality causes a problem. I did consider, for example, adding a warning message in the invoice screen which says something like "This invoice has a transaction which is currently awaiting approval." - but considering your customers either did not read or did not understand the first two times IP.Nexus told them that, I'm not sure that resolve your problem?

What do you think?

Mark Wade
Developer

zce-php5-3-logo.gif php5-zce-logo-new.gif

#13 Sean James

Sean James

IPB Full Member

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:58 AM

Unfortunately it seems a lot of people do not read these display messages, which I know is very annoying.

It's kind of difficult to come up with a solution if I can't imagine why the current functionality causes a problem. I did consider, for example, adding a warning message in the invoice screen which says something like "This invoice has a transaction which is currently awaiting approval." - but considering your customers either did not read or did not understand the first two times IP.Nexus told them that, I'm not sure that resolve your problem?

This would solve the problem as when they go to submit a support ticket about their concerns they will notice this notice hopefully.
  • Marcher Technologies likes this

#14 Marcher Technologies

Marcher Technologies

$life=FALSE;$code=TRUE;$time--;

• +Clients
  • 11,712 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:04 AM

It's not a bug, but I do see your point.

What confuses me though, is how people cannot understand what's happening. IP.Nexus both displays a screen explaining what's happening (unless I suppose they don't click "Return to Merchant" from PayPal) and sends them an email.

Have you checked to make sure your emails are going out and there's no problem there? We have literally dozens of new purchases a day and also manually approve a large chunk of them, and since switching to IP.Nexus, very few people comment on it. I'm thinking perhaps something else is going on here.

What do you think?

...Dummy-Proof FTW? No offense.
People are gonna try to break stuff or ignore a message repeatedly.... Just Sayin.
  • sdavis2702 likes this

#15 OxyFuse

OxyFuse

IPB Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:32 AM

The store owner sleeps at 10 PM. At 10:10 PM a client purchase a product. Client says the "manual approval" message plus the email - its fine. Client comes back 6 hours later, in hurry to be approved, no more message so go straight to the client area. Client saw a Pending Invoice he already paid. Click on the Purchases link and saw the message "You don't have any purchases to view." Scratch his head, login to his PayPal and money was taken. "You store owner trying to scam me double paying your product?" :D

It's kind of difficult to come up with a solution if I can't imagine why the current functionality causes a problem.

My suggestion is instead of Pending Invoice, label it as "Invoice Waiting For Approval" or "On-Hold Invoice" then make the Pay Now button grayed and disabled.

#16 Sean James

Sean James

IPB Full Member

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:41 AM

The store owner sleeps at 10 PM. At 10:10 PM a client purchase a product. Client says the "manual approval" message plus the email - its fine. Client comes back 6 hours later, in hurry to be approved, no more message so go straight to the client area. Client saw a Pending Invoice he already paid. Click on the Purchases link and saw the message "You don't have any purchases to view." Scratch his head, login to his PayPal and money was taken. "You store owner trying to scam me double paying your product?" :D

My suggestion is instead of Pending Invoice, label it as "Invoice Waiting For Approval" or "On-Hold Invoice" then make the Pay Now button grayed and disabled.

nicely put, this is exactly what is happening. Customers are getting confused because they see the option to pay again in their 'client area', instead of a button saying or message saying your payment has been received and is pending.

#17 Mark

Mark

I dropped the "iggy"

• IPS Staff
  • 8,377 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:32 AM

That makes sense.

I'll see what I can come up with :)
  • Maxxius, Sean James, Richard.C and 2 others like this

Mark Wade
Developer

zce-php5-3-logo.gif php5-zce-logo-new.gif

#18 Sean James

Sean James

IPB Full Member

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

This really needs to be fixed, I am so tired of telling new customers the exact same thing multiple times per day.

And I understand why they are getting scared, because when they purchase something and their paypal as been deducted and their client area still says "pay now' this can be alarming.

I have had multiple customers already file item not received disputes if I dont respond fast enough to their support requests after they pay for the item. Looking at my records this has happened 16 times and I dont want to lose my Paypal account over it.

All we need a button or notice that says payment pending, and this was cause 100% less headaches for me and the customer. Getting really frustrated by this, apart from this bug I am very happy with my Nexus install.

#19 JoevdH

JoevdH

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

Did this ever get fixed?

#20 OxyFuse

OxyFuse

IPB Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

Are there any changes in the upcoming 1.5 regarding this behavior?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users