"Gift Subscriptions" with IP.Nexus?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Premium subscriptions, gifted to other users, are surprisingly popular among my community and enables my forum subscription service to bring in significant additional revenue. It's currently enabled on my forum with an aging vBulletin plugin, but I'm considering switching to IP.Board and IP.Nexus and was curious to know if such a feature/plugin exists or, if not, how difficult it would be to modify the software myself to enable this functionality?

mat206, photoadmin and chilihead like this

Posted

were do i get

Premium from so i can let my Froums have it

Posted

This should be added to Nexus.

Posted

So basically what you mean, is you want 'Members' to be able to buy other members membership correct?

Posted

That's correct, Happenen. This feature has contributed to much of the revenue generated by user subscriptions on my site.

Posted

This is a feature that really needs to be added to Nexus. I have some site staff, that like to get our members subscriptions. And I had to actually do it a weird way, where as it would be great if they could go into Nexus.. select the subscription and choose "Give as gift" and select the member or members to gift it to. and after the purchase has been made, automatically set those members chosen to whatever subscription package was chosen.

GreenLinks, aculict and photoadmin like this

Posted

This would be an excellent addition to Nexus.

I really like the way deviantART handles premium subscriptions. If you purchase one to gift to another member, you can select whether to give the subscription to them anonymously or not. If not, it shows a little "12-month premium membership given by <member name>" indicator on their profile, which adds a pleasing social aspect to the gifting of subscriptions.

IDqwe.png

That would be a fantastic way to integrate gift subscriptions into Nexus, considering the social focus of the IPS Community Suite.

Nick², GreenLinks and DeltaHF like this

Posted

Yes! Members always ask how they can gift a membership.

The workaround is add the exact membership amounts to the Gift Voucher section. Change the language to Gift Memberships if that is all you are interested in. But that is not the best solution, of course.

Posted

Just want to register my interest in a feature like this.  Being able to send a subscription (or any non-physical item, for that matter) as a gift would be great.  Right now, I have to manually generate invoices for both the person purchasing and receiving the gift to achieve a similar effect.

Posted

I would *love* to see this feature added.

Posted

Seems like an easy thing to add.  Please add this if you can.

Thanks!

Posted

I am highly interested with this functionality as well.

Posted

I know it's a bit of graveyard digging here but i would also like to see this option.