Invision Power Services, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of IP.Board 3.2.1, IP.Calendar 3.2.1, IP.Content 2.2.1, and IP.Nexus 1.3.1!
These releases are the first maintenance release after our highly anticipated release of IP.Board 3.2.0 and its related applications. These releases fix many reported issues.
We are releasing the following new software: IP.Board 3.2.1Fully featured community platform including forums, members profiles, calendar, status system, integration, and much, much more. IP.Nexus 1.3.1Fully featured commerce system to sell products, membership access, advertising, digital downloads, and more. Includes tools like a support desk to help manage you clients. IP.Content 2.2.1Content management for your community - run a full web site or a simple community portal. The possibilities are endless. IP.Calendar 3.2.1Event calendar for your community with multiple calendars, public/private events, and iCal support.
Release Notes What's new in IP.Board 3.2.1
- If you are upgrading a community with a large number of posts from version 3.1.4 or earlier you may wish to have your web host execute the post table alter query on your behalf. Large post tables may time out running this query in the browser. The upgrade system will warn you if this is needed. As a benchmark, our install of 865,000+ posts took a bit less than 3 minutes to run this query.
- If you are upgrading from version 3.1.4 or earlier, your skin will of course need to be redone after you upgrade to 3.2.
- The visual skin editor in 3.2 should still be considered a beta feature. It will be improved with each maintenance update.
- Each of the applications specified above is only compatible with IP.Board 3.2 and not older versions (for example, IP.Nexus 1.3 cannot be installed on IP.Board 3.1.x).
- We may reply to this topic with hot-fix patches or notes if any critical issues come up so please use the "Follow this Topic" feature to get notified.
- If you experience any problems, before submitting a ticket, please disable all third party applications and hooks.
- Please remember that IP.Calendar and IP.Chat are separate downloads in your client area. You will need to download and upgrade these separate applications (in addition to IP.Board itself) if you wish to continue using them with IP.Board 3.2.0.
Between 3.2.0 and 3.2.1 the following changes have been made:
- A setting has been added to restore the ability to have proportionate profile photo sizes in topic view (3.2.0 enforced cropped square thumbnails).
- The visual skin editor has been enhanced to support more areas of the board.
- Several enhancements have been made to the webDav integration for external skin editing.
- More than 170 bug fixes have been implemented to IP.Board 3.2.0.
Please read our 3.2.0 announcement
for a full list of what's new in the 3.2 series!