I like IP.Blog a lot, but a BIG problem I have with it is how guest comments are handled. These are a few things:
All of these things, with the possible exception of integrating Disqus and OpenID, seem like they would be really simple; and from reading the forum, these features seem highly requested. Can an IPS employee comment on the likelihood of these features being added and, if so, when that might be?
- There should be a place for guests to put their name.
- There should be a Q&A challenge or captcha box to prevent spam comments.
- It would be nice if people could post comments via their Disqus or OpenID accounts.
- Comment moderation: right now, to see comments that need to be approved, I have to: 1. click on my blog, 2. click on "Edit Blog Settings," 3. click on "Manage Your Blogs," 4. comments needing approval show up on the right. It took me forever to find that page! Why can't these be shown to me on the homepage of my blog, instead of being buried?
- Comments in Gallery, Downloads, and Content should be checked for spam with Akismet, as in Blog.
In the newest version of IP.Blog, my first and second requests have been added! Thank you IPS!!
If those features could be added to Gallery, Downloads and content, that would even better!
As far as my third request goes, I'm officially retracting it
I'm satisfied with a place for people to put their name (an email address would be kind of nice, though), Akismet, and a captcha. I really hope these will be added to comments in the other apps, though..