Nexus Wish list (features)

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

First of all I would like to thank the IPS staff for all their hard work developing the different modules/ applications.
While I am pleased with the development of the core system I do have a few items I would like to suggest for a future release of IP.Nexus.

Suggestions:

[*]Reward Points System [*]Gift Certificates/Cards (Virtual) [*]Layered / Faceted Navigation for filtering of products in Categories [*]Layered / Faceted Navigation for filtering of products in Search Results [*]Filter by Product Tags [*]Multiple Images Per Product [*]Product Image Zoom-in Capability [*]Recently viewed products [*]Automated Email Marketing Reminders [*]Abandoned Shopping Cart Report [*]Best Viewed Products Report [*]Best Purchased Products Report [*]Coupon Usage Report [*]Total Sales Invoiced report [*]Total Sales Refunded report [*]Best Customers Report by volume / gross revenue report [*]Most sold package / category report [*]customer review system
Thank you for reading these suggestions, also check out: Linkedin Connect

[*]Customer wish list

changeindia, Maxxius and Mark like this

Posted

Thanks for your feedback :)

Could you elaborate on the following points?
- Reward Points System
- Layered / Faceted Navigation for filtering of products
- Automated Email Marketing Reminders
- Customer review system

Regarding Best Purchased Products Report and Most sold package / category report - when browsing packages in the Admin CP, if should show you the number that has been purchased. I know this isn't quite the same as what you're suggesting, but worth mentioning :)

Regarding Coupon Usage Report - when looking at coupons in the Admin CP, their is an option in the drop down menu to see who has used them :)

Posted (edited)

Mark,

Thank you for your response.

- Reward Points System

Essentially I am referring to a customer "loyalty program". In order to increase sales/ retain existing customers.

For example if a customer has spend x amount of a units in your store, therefore the individual qualifies for a personal coupon of y%. An example of such system can be found in a competing product. See "reference #1" at the bottom of this post.

- Layered / Faceted Navigation for filtering of products

In essence, being able to filter a large about of products by selecting various admin set criteria.

Think of price range, color, size, weight, etc. This way a customer can find the product of his or her liking faster. Thus reducing the chance of losing a potential sale because the customer can't find what he or she is looking for. See reference #2 at the bottom of this post.

- Automated Email Marketing Reminders

In essence expand the "bulk mail" feature and tie that into IP.Nexus so one can inform its customers/ newsletter subscribers better about ongoing promotions. In addition be able to select specific filters to target frequent customers with "special" promotions. Set up campaign's for specific user groups or buyers of specific products so one can tailer the communication to it's "type" of consumer. Therefore create a more effective information flow and extract sales.

- Customer review system

I just noticedthat such system is already available in the IPS Marketplace, however it would be nice if users were able to give a rating (1-5 stars) for price, quality, and value. A "testimonial/ review" system can be of great value to an internet store since several independent studies have shown that testimonials/ peer reviews have a great influence on the consumers decision making process. I think IP. Nexus still has room to utilise this aspect.

I hope that this information was of any value to you.

Reference #1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6hkLnyJKAk&feature=player_embedded#at=133

Reference #2:

post-102157-0-65102800-1313058246.png
Edited by Cogito ergo sum
Maxxius likes this

Posted

I want one thing - when creating membership subscription packages, please let me put a hard expiry date in! (In addition to the current options, I just want to be able to put a hard date in, as well.)

Baby Jai and HighlanderICT like this

Posted

be able to force a specific payment gateway on certain packages or packages group this a suggestion :)

hope this isnt considered thread hijacking

Posted

Allow Payment Gateways on Certain Packages:

We also need this option, since we use different Banks and PayPal Accounts for differente Packages we sell ¿could you please make this possible in Nexus?

Thanks

spyngamerman and AlexJ like this

Posted

Shipping Method:

Be able to put HTML content in a Shipping Method in which we can explain the details about that Shipping, so that customers can know which one is most convenient for them, exactly the same way as it is possible now in Nexus to put HTML content in a Payment Gateway.

Thanks

Posted

Advertising packages that work with ipContent. It should be possible to define custom advertising points in individual pages and templates which can then be selected in Nexus packages.

Posted

Thank you for your input guys. All valid suggestions.

Posted

Maybe I will add something from myself:

Package description:

Add editor to package description in nexus. By editor I mean that editor that is used during writing post on forum. It would be best if it would also have attachment field.
It would be far simpler and faster to add new items to shop without writing every offer in html, especially if person that is going to do that don't know html.

Sean James and Mario Thomas like this

Posted

I second this, the WYSIWYG editor, should be implemented almost everywhere in NEXUS, in the Package Description, in Gateway Description and Shipping Description, so that it gets easy and accesible for Admins to shape the process...

Posted

Also I want to add feature request to the Reward Points System feature suggested above.
*Allow users to gain points for commenting in forums, for gaining reputation, and for being active in the forums.

Posted

I agree that the product page should be fully customizable to give the customer the information they need. Currently we are considering IP. Content just for this, which would be a pain.

Also I would love to see the Reward Points System. Awesome idea!! :D

Posted (edited)

Shipping integration (USPS UPS FEDEX) with weights on each item. If only one can be done USPS would be my choice to start with.

Edited by R1Lover

Posted

[quote name='R1Lover' timestamp='1315326914' post='2166408']
Shipping integration (USPS UPS FEDEX) with weights on each item.

also a good one!

Posted

If I may be a little importunate, would you guys mind creating a new topic for separate suggestions? It's just easier to see what's going on. In topics like this, it's often easy to miss something :)

Posted

OK... I'll create a new Topic for every suggestion I've made... ;)

Thanks
Mario

Posted

[quote name='Mark' timestamp='1313012282' post='2151180']
Regarding Coupon Usage Report - when looking at coupons in the Admin CP, their is an option in the drop down menu to see who has used them smile.png

Where is this? I'm looking in Nexus 1.2.2 and 1.4 on our dev site. Not seeing this?

Posted

+ option to select open same wwindow / external window
+ select forum sets to show ads in / position

Posted

[quote name='Tyler Y' timestamp='1323703930' post='2208140']
Where is this? I'm looking in Nexus 1.2.2 and 1.4 on our dev site. Not seeing this?

Admin CP --> Other Apps --> IP.Nexus --> Store Settings --> Coupons

Posted

Also would be nice that when a customer opens a ticket, that ticket can be assigned to multiple staff that have the permission on that particular department.

Posted

Also would be an absolute bonus having billing cycle options, When creating products, as it would really benefit the store front if the client can select how he wants to pay!

Also should help sell Nexus alot more if that flexibility is addressed soon rather than later.