Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

IP.Gallery 4.x - Feature request - Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion...

33 posts in this topic

Posted

It would be nice if we could create global albums where users could only insert the video link to sites like youtube, vimeo... so we would not need to host the videos on our own site. The big video sites do a far better job in hosting video than we ever could.

What do you think?

CallieJo, SzymonPL, Noni and 7 others like this

Posted

That would be very cool. What about local playlist system so user can connect videos they like?

Posted

yes, I suggested ability to link to vids in the suggestion thread.

Posted

Wouldn't you want people to post on the forums about videos along with more convenient video embedding in posts?

Posted

[quote name='Jυra' timestamp='1315110451' post='2165076']
Wouldn't you want people to post on the forums about videos along with more convenient video embedding in posts?

wouldn't you like the choice to do either depending on what suits your needs best?

Maxxius and NiftyWolfie like this

Posted

Not if I don't see any particular reason to why such would be needed or wanted, as then it would be best as a modification.

Posted

If there is an option to decide, if I want to have this feature or not I could decide it on my own. In my view a Mod would be a bad thing in this way cause I would see problems with updates in the feature.

CallieJo and Maxxius like this

Posted

I would want the choice, seems lot of choices were removed for us in this iteration of gallery.
really its now just an expensive slide show.

Posted

this not already in? OMG. how can a gallery exist without it?!

Please add this in ASAP!

Posted

[quote name='netrix64' timestamp='1313231709' post='2152845']
That would be very cool. What about local playlist system so user can connect videos they like?

That would be great. This way I would not have to search for posted videos I liked.

Maxxius likes this

Posted

[quote name='joelle' timestamp='1313211971' post='2152736']It would be nice if we could create global albums where users could only insert the video link to sites like youtube, vimeo... so we would not need to host the videos on our own site. The big video sites do a far better job in hosting video than we ever could.

What do you think?

Heck yes! I would love to see this feature. This would be great and use less of our resources doing so. I think this is a must for people with large video libraries for the bigger video hosts like YouTube, Daily Motion, Vimeo, etc.

Maxxius and Alfa1 like this

Posted

Damn i bought the IP.Gallery thinking youtube link adding is already in there,... Really not happy, because this is the Basic feature....

Maxxius and Alfa1 like this

Posted

IPS, what can you say about this suggestion?

Posted

[quote name='Maxxius' timestamp='1316851910' post='2174683']IPS, what can you say about this suggestion?
They have nothing to say. It was obviously a fail attempt at offering something as a feature. I personally, wouldn't even call it a good attempt. Hey, this is my opinion so I'm stickin' to it.

If YouTube video links were meant to be...it would have been possible. It's just not possible, and probably never will be with IPG. I'm sure a ton of people here would agree with me when I say that we don't care that we can upload our own videos. I mean, seriously, why would we actually do that in the first place?! If we want to upload our videos somewhere, we do it through video hosts, using their resources, not ours. That feature should just be removed altogether in IP.Gallery. If you guys want to be able to share videos by simply copying a link from one of the video hosting sites, I suggest you check out Mike John's (DevFuse) Video Systems application. If you want videos, that's simply what you need!

Maxxius likes this

Posted

Please IPS, do not overlook this feature! It would make Gallery plugin completely complete. PLEASE!

Posted

We'd love to. It's something we've discussed internally.

We just need to make sure all the existing functionality is working well and we've taken care of the other more immediate requests.

Posted

YES! Then there's a chance this feature will make it in one day! YEAH!!

Posted

Lets hope this feature will be added. I love it!

Posted

+1 for this feature of adding externally-hosting videos to gallery.

I am struggling at the moment as I am juggling two "galleries" - IP.Gallery for pics/user-uploaded videos, and another 3rd-party gallery for videos hosted elsewhere. It seems just ridiculous not to be able to have all functionality in IP.gallery.

Really hope this gets fixed soon.

Posted

Agreed 100% My forum needed this feature yesterday!!!

Posted

I was pretty upset to find out that this was not included. I am in the midst of preparing to migrate from VB4 where I am running a media mod that people can link and categorize, rate, favourite their vids from youTube, Vimeo, etc etc. Have gotten quite a collection and is widely used.

Please, please make this a priority as I'd much rather people upload to my community Vimeo site with cheap storage than to use my server drives and bandwidth to dispense the videos!

Posted

Totally agree with you. I am baffled why this isn't in IP.Gallery.

Please IPS think about accommodating this :(

Posted

This is a terrible idea. You should create a custom database for YouTube video IDs like I did, or IPB should create an IP.Videos product. The gallery needs fewer features, not more.

Posted

You can use Youtube in Gallery without any modifications, check my forum:
http://www.mrcine.org/boards/gallery/album/14-nob-mrcine-multimedia/

Posted

[quote name='Breadfan' timestamp='1326671686' post='2221181']
You can use Youtube in Gallery without any modifications, check my forum:
http://www.mrcine.or...ine-multimedia/

how are you linking in gallery, if only option is upload, without any modification to gallery?