Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tabled Product Description, Multiple images, and option to embed popup youtube videos as thumbnail

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Feature requests:
[*]Make the product layout tabled or simulate the effect. To explain, in the current layout product description wraps under the image. This makes the nexus product page look like a blog or article post rather than a traditional shopping cart. I am suggesting nexus to adopt a traditional professional shopping cart layout. [*]Ability to add multiple thumbnails for each product. Nexus only accepts 1 currently. [*]Ability to link the attached thumbnail to a youtube video (upon clicking, the youtube video will popup via lightbox or similar js popup). Additionally, a custom option/setting should be included where the admin can enter custom html instead of a youtube link. The custom html will be parsed in a js popup (e.g., lightbox)

Griffin80 likes this

Posted

Would also love to see this.

Posted

I think anyone that wants to go that advanced should use IP.Content for their marketing pages. I do, and IPS does.

A valid suggestion nonetheless.

Posted

[quote name='.time' timestamp='1313661975' post='2156073']
I think anyone that wants to go that advanced should use IP.Content for their marketing pages. I do, and IPS does.

A valid suggestion nonetheless.

??????????????? You can't sell stuff on IP.Content the way you can with Nexus. IPS doesn't use IP.Content as a replacement for Nexus.

Posted

[quote name='Web ◕‿◕ Developer' timestamp='1313682530' post='2156277']

??????????????? You can't sell stuff on IP.Content the way you can with Nexus. IPS doesn't use IP.Content as a replacement for Nexus.

Yes they do, the marketing page for IPB is here, not here. I use IPC as my "storefront" and Nexus for handling payments, client area, support, etc. I'm suggesting if you want to go advanced with your marketing pages, you should use IPC together with Nexus :)

Posted

[quote name='.time' timestamp='1314074661' post='2158670']
Yes they do, the marketing page for IPB is here, not here. I use IPC as my "storefront" and Nexus for handling payments, client area, support, etc. I'm suggesting if you want to go advanced with your marketing pages, you should use IPC together with Nexus smile.png

I'd be happy to do that, if there was an easy way to create nexus blocks in IPC. I'd like to be able to create blocks for the latest products, random products etc.

But back to the topic, I believe Mark said a while back that multiple product images would be considered.

Posted

[quote name='.time' timestamp='1314074661' post='2158670']
Yes they do, the marketing page for IPB is here, not here. I use IPC as my "storefront" and Nexus for handling payments, client area, support, etc. I'm suggesting if you want to go advanced with your marketing pages, you should use IPC together with Nexus smile.png

That's not really feasible IMO if you have multiple products. IPS is using IPC to market the IPB Suite. What about shop owners that are selling 50 products of different categories? To create a page manually in IP.Content is a hassle, same with IPC databases. That doubles your workload because you'll have to use the same Nexus storefront to handle transactions. I say solve the issue of the Nexus storefront so customers with a higher product listing can take advantage.

Riki likes this

Posted

I agree that giving nexus more marketing power would be a plus. It would be nice to be able to create a full HTML content-type page right inside nexus.