Photo

Tabled Product Description, Multiple images, and option to embed popup youtube videos as thumbnail

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ᴡᴅツ

ᴡᴅツ

⊙﹏⊙

• +Clients
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

Feature requests:
  • Make the product layout tabled or simulate the effect. To explain, in the current layout product description wraps under the image. This makes the nexus product page look like a blog or article post rather than a traditional shopping cart. I am suggesting nexus to adopt a traditional professional shopping cart layout.
  • Ability to add multiple thumbnails for each product. Nexus only accepts 1 currently.
  • Ability to link the attached thumbnail to a youtube video (upon clicking, the youtube video will popup via lightbox or similar js popup). Additionally, a custom option/setting should be included where the admin can enter custom html instead of a youtube link. The custom html will be parsed in a js popup (e.g., lightbox)

• Griffin80 likes this

Feature consistency across IP.Downloads and IP.Board for IP.Content

IPS, please look at the topics I've created regarding feature suggestions. There still are issues that haven't been addressed, as noted above, and the following, as well as this.

#2 Griffin80

Griffin80

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:37 PM

Would also love to see this.

#3 .time

.time

Spam Happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:06 AM

I think anyone that wants to go that advanced should use IP.Content for their marketing pages. I do, and IPS does.

A valid suggestion nonetheless.

#4 ᴡᴅツ

ᴡᴅツ

⊙﹏⊙

• +Clients
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:48 AM

I think anyone that wants to go that advanced should use IP.Content for their marketing pages. I do, and IPS does.

A valid suggestion nonetheless.

??????????????? You can't sell stuff on IP.Content the way you can with Nexus. IPS doesn't use IP.Content as a replacement for Nexus.

IPS, please look at the topics I've created regarding feature suggestions. There still are issues that haven't been addressed, as noted above, and the following, as well as this.

#5 .time

.time

Spam Happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:44 PM

??????????????? You can't sell stuff on IP.Content the way you can with Nexus. IPS doesn't use IP.Content as a replacement for Nexus.

Yes they do, the marketing page for IPB is here, not here. I use IPC as my "storefront" and Nexus for handling payments, client area, support, etc. I'm suggesting if you want to go advanced with your marketing pages, you should use IPC together with Nexus :)

#6 Bobbins

Bobbins

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 393 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

Yes they do, the marketing page for IPB is here, not here. I use IPC as my "storefront" and Nexus for handling payments, client area, support, etc. I'm suggesting if you want to go advanced with your marketing pages, you should use IPC together with Nexus Posted Image

I'd be happy to do that, if there was an easy way to create nexus blocks in IPC. I'd like to be able to create blocks for the latest products, random products etc.

But back to the topic, I believe Mark said a while back that multiple product images would be considered.
In the fear and alarm. You did not desert me. My brothers in arms.

#7 ᴡᴅツ

ᴡᴅツ

⊙﹏⊙

• +Clients
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

Yes they do, the marketing page for IPB is here, not here. I use IPC as my "storefront" and Nexus for handling payments, client area, support, etc. I'm suggesting if you want to go advanced with your marketing pages, you should use IPC together with Nexus Posted Image

That's not really feasible IMO if you have multiple products. IPS is using IPC to market the IPB Suite. What about shop owners that are selling 50 products of different categories? To create a page manually in IP.Content is a hassle, same with IPC databases. That doubles your workload because you'll have to use the same Nexus storefront to handle transactions. I say solve the issue of the Nexus storefront so customers with a higher product listing can take advantage.
  • Riki likes this

#8 Riki

Riki

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:59 AM

I agree that giving nexus more marketing power would be a plus. It would be nice to be able to create a full HTML content-type page right inside nexus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users