Photo

Trackback ping service: What is it? Does it function? Am I crazy?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 T3XT3

T3XT3

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 450 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:25 AM

IP.Blog should have this function to inform trackback pink services about newly made blog entries. For example will it inform google blog search about your entries. So, when I search for them, they should be found, shouldn't they? I have my blog supposedly ping all the services, but you know what - on their sides my entries are not found. So what is this? Does that really function? Is it a joke...? :hmm:

Please don't remove this in the support forum, because I want to hear what others think about this function. And because I'm generally confused with it, which is clearly a feedback of some kind... :D

Posted Image

#2 EddieE

EddieE

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:52 AM

The blogs on my forum are crawled and findable in google

#3 T3XT3

T3XT3

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 450 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:24 AM

In Google blog search too? I'm just trying to find out, if the trackback ping services are really informed...

Posted Image

#4 T3XT3

T3XT3

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 450 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:46 AM

Nobody? Am I the only one struggling with this...?

Posted Image

#5 T3XT3

T3XT3

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 450 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

I have tested it with this entry. Google Blog Search won't find this entry. The ping service of IP.Blog seems broken!

Posted Image

#6 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,617 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

Pinging a provider does NOT automatically list your content by that provider. If it were that easy, everyone could ping Google Blog Search when posting anything on the internet to have it listed there.

When you ping a provider, it sends them a small "note" that there is new content to look at. It is then up to the provider what to do about it, if anything.

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users