Invision Power Board v1.1.2 MySQL/PHP Versions

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I am hoping that you someone can help me with a question that I have about Invision Power Board.

I have inherited support of a web site on which Invision Power Board v1.1.2 is installed. The current environment consists of the following:
MySQL 3.23.54
PHP 4.2.2
Apache 2.0.40

I must upgrade the versions of MySQL and PHP to the following:
MySQL 5.0.4 (or greater)
PHP 5.3 (or greater)

I have two questions, the second dependant upon the first.

1. Will Invision Power Board v1.1.2 function in a MySQL 5.0.4 (or greater) and PHP 5.3 (or greater) environment?

2. Is there an upgrade path to take Invision Power Board v1.1.2 to a version that will function in a MySQL 5.0.4 (or greater) and PHP 5.3 (or greater) environment?

Thank you.

Posted

1.1.2 is years old and no longer officially supported by us - our best suggestion would be to upgrade to the latest version, which supports modern web standards.

Posted

And yes, I do believe there is an upgrade path. If I remember correctly 1.1.2 doesn't work at all with PHP 5 without some serious editing.

Posted

Thank you both for your reply.

Collin S.: Can you provide me with details on the recommended upgrade path? We must maintain the data associated with the current Invision Power Board 1.1.2 environment.

Thanks

Posted

[quote name='dmalloy' timestamp='1316771182' post='2174357']
Thank you both for your reply.

Collin S.: Can you provide me with details on the recommended upgrade path? We must maintain the data associated with the current Invision Power Board 1.1.2 environment.

Thanks

Why not upgrade to the latest Invision version?
You will have many problems with 1.1.2 and PHP 5.

Posted

Its correct in that 1.x will not work with php5, it might not work with mysql5 either. :smile: , iirc they can be highly modified to function on php5 etc but its not easy and there are probably still going to be potential exploits, plus as posted above its not been officially supported for a very long time now.

The upgrader I tested back to 1.3 (both normal 1.3 'Final' and an InvisionFree board) and it was fine. :) I don't appear to have 1.2 anymore although I do have 1.0.1. It should upgrade without any real issue though although you may want to let an IPS technician perform it for you.

Posted

Thank you all for your help.

I will most likely upgrade to the latest version, however I need a plan to accomplish this since I must maintain the data that is in the current system. I am hoping that someone can provide me with some direction on how to proceed.

Do upgrade instructions exist to take Invision Power Board v1.1.2 to the latest version?

Should the upgrade to Invision Power Board take place prior to upgrading the versions of MySQL and PHP? This would require the latest version of Invision Power Board to be compatible with MySQL 3.23.54 and PHP 4.2.2.

Thanks in advance.

Posted

After purchasing the license, you'll want to back up your forum and then upgrade MySQL and PHP. Once they are upgraded, you can upload the new IP.Board 3.2 files and then run the upgrader at ./admin/upgrade/. It should do all the work for you.

As Andy said, though, you may want to have an IPS technician perform the upgrade for you just to be safe.

AndyF likes this