• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 7Bya9K&Q

7Bya9K&Q

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 421 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

Hello. I am converting to SMF. The second step tells me to Upload all the files contained in the "upload" folder of the converters distribution. Where am I suppose to upload these to? Do I upload them to the public_html/ where I uploaded IPB itself? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

As well, I uploaded the files to that public_html/ folder after I did a backup. I have tried to follow the rest of the directions. But under the Manage Applications & Modules section, there is no Applications Not Installed section. Only installed sectioned. Please help.

Thank you.

#2 NenaDice

NenaDice

It will be legend....wait for it....dary

• +Clients
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:44 AM

Hello. I am converting to SMF. The second step tells me to Upload all the files contained in the "upload" folder of the converters distribution. Where am I suppose to upload these to? Do I upload them to the public_html/ where I uploaded IPB itself? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

As well, I uploaded the files to that public_html/ folder after I did a backup. I have tried to follow the rest of the directions. But under the Manage Applications & Modules section, there is no Applications Not Installed section. Only installed sectioned. Please help.

Thank you.

Assuming the Conversion files are uploaded properly, you will see the Applications Not Installed section right next to the Applications Installed, on its right.
  • 7Bya9K&Q likes this

My Hooks  

Please do not ask me in private to provide free support for you. If you want to make use of my time and expertise then you will have to pay for them.

dubtime

#3 7Bya9K&Q

7Bya9K&Q

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 421 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:30 AM

Assuming the Conversion files are uploaded properly, you will see the Applications Not Installed section right next to the Applications Installed, on its right.

Thank you very much. But where do I upload the files to?

#4 Alex

Alex

Needs Hobby

• +Clients
  • 4,487 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:52 AM

You need to upload everything contained within the upload folder, to the same folder where IP.Board is installed, you will see the folders match up, /upload/admin matches up to the admin folder in IP.Board, etc.

Alex Hobbs
alex[at]alexhobbs.co.uk | Twitter

#5 7Bya9K&Q

7Bya9K&Q

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 421 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

Well thank you. I have tried uploading everything in the "uploads" folder to my public_html folder. Which is where I believe IPB was installed. I have done this twice now and each time the entire website goes completely awry. So I am evidently uploading it to the wrong place.

#6 Alex

Alex

Needs Hobby

• +Clients
  • 4,487 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

What's going wrong when uploading? Make sure your FTP client is merging, not replacing whole folders (it's sounding like it might be removing files)

Alex Hobbs
alex[at]alexhobbs.co.uk | Twitter

#7 NenaDice

NenaDice

It will be legend....wait for it....dary

• +Clients
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

Well thank you. I have tried uploading everything in the "uploads" folder to my public_html folder. Which is where I believe IPB was installed. I have done this twice now and each time the entire website goes completely awry. So I am evidently uploading it to the wrong place.

Can you tell us what is the error that happens when you upload the conversion files?

P.s. What is the url to your Ipb installation btw?

My Hooks  

Please do not ask me in private to provide free support for you. If you want to make use of my time and expertise then you will have to pay for them.

dubtime

#8 7Bya9K&Q

7Bya9K&Q

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 421 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

Sorry about this. I finally got it working. Turned out that the files I were uploading weren't completely uploading since I include the upload folder itself. Thanks for all your help guys. I really appreciate it.
  • Alex and NenaDice like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users