• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lsurebel4

lsurebel4

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

I currently have a Snitz 3.4 board that has roughly over 1000+ users. Believe it or not, it is running on a Access DB. Never thought in a million years it would have grown like it has. So I am thinking about converting to this board software. Do you all like this board, and do you think it is best of breed? Also, are you running SQL or MySQL? Anywhere I can find an IP Board on the internet that has been all tricked out? I would love to see some examples.

Also, has anyone converted from Snitz to IP before? How was your expierence?

#2 Sandakelumô

Sandakelumô

IPB Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

IP.Board is the smartest, fastest and most stable forum community software, I've ever used.
Here is an example of one of my websites, but please note it is IPB 3.0.0 RC 2 (very old version, so newer version has different layout and performance) and it's using NGINX with MySQL

http://www.socialengineforum.com

In fact, if you want to take a look at IPB 3.2.2 (the latest version as till date) checkout this community, it's powered by IP.Board 3.2.2 :smile:

Thank You :smile:

Sandakelum™

Just another IPB user...

#3 remixedcat

remixedcat

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:39 AM

IP.B is a good forum system. he doesn't afraid of anything.

#4 remixedcat

remixedcat

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:43 AM

also i think they should rename it from INVISION POWER BOARD TO P-P-P-POWERBOARD.
  • Feld0 likes this

#5 Alexander V

Alexander V

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:20 AM

also i think they should rename it from INVISION POWER BOARD TO P-P-P-POWERBOARD.

Look to your board, now look at mine. back to your board, now back to mine. Unfortunately, your board isn't mine. But it could be mine if you would stop using slow, ancient forum software and upgrade to IPB. I am on a horse.

That said, I do not think IPB supports conversion from Access DB's does it?

But it really is a great- great software.
  • Feld0 likes this

#6 Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat

IPB Member

• Previous Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:54 PM

I love IPB. It's easy to use and really neat for the user side and admin side of things. And this comes from a newbie just using one of their hosting plans.
Posted Image

#7 FaithFirst

FaithFirst

IPB Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:52 PM

IP.Board is the smartest, fastest and most stable forum community software, I've ever used.
Here is an example of one of my websites, but please note it is IPB 3.0.0 RC 2 (very old version, so newer version has different layout and performance) and it's using NGINX with MySQL

http://www.socialengineforum.com

In fact, if you want to take a look at IPB 3.2.2 (the latest version as till date) checkout this community, it's powered by IP.Board 3.2.2 :smile:

Thank You :smile:

Nice network you have going there. As the owner of a network of communities, how do you avoid spreading yourself too thin?
Working on a new project with a team of guys from this forum called "Admin Empower." The aim is to help forum admins build successful communities. Come join!
Posted Image

Email: faithfirst1001[at]yahoo.com
=====================

#8 remixedcat

remixedcat

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

Look to your board, now look at mine. back to your board, now back to mine. Unfortunately, your board isn't mine. But it could be mine if you would stop using slow, ancient forum software and upgrade to IPB. I am on a horse.

That said, I do not think IPB supports conversion from Access DB's does it?

But it really is a great- great software.

ehhhhh my icon????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users