25 replies to this topic

#1 Sarah Joy Sokoloff

Sarah Joy Sokoloff

IPB Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

How am I able to buy IPS finaly! I've been waiting for over 3 weeks to receive my credit card i requested,
specialy to buy this product! Because oGone or moneybrookers instant ebanking isn't supported! I do not wish to register
my debit card with my paypal account, because i don't trust paypal at all. And besides to register a debit
card with paypal it takes another week before it's finalised.

I can buy over 50 IPS Suites for gods sake with the money i have ready! Yet here i am waiting for over 3 weeks
thinking that credit card would have arrived each day! I'm getting fed up! How can i just easily do a
direct ebanking transfer so i can finaly buy the damn suite! Sjeez!

Sorry for my rant.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams

#2 MadMcardle

MadMcardle

Needs Hobby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

you might want to contact sales@invisionpower.com for alternative billing methods

Signature_zpsf0723ae4.png

#3 Pereira

Pereira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

You dont need to register with paypal to pay for stuff as far as I am aware. Anyway, you can pay using a debit card as well I believe.
  • Mark, chrisjmc2006 and Rhett like this

#4 Sarah Joy Sokoloff

Sarah Joy Sokoloff

IPB Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:14 PM

Can you please explain me how then? The only thing i can find with paypal is that you first need to link the bank card,
then make a small payment to them, to verify it's your account, or they deduct a small amount,, then you need to get
your bank statements, and look for a code on there! Sjeez, looks weird to me! By the time i get my bank statements,
that's another month..

The only way i found to pay without registering with paypal is with the use of credit card. Not bank card.
oGone and moneybrookers is so easy, you buy something, then you get a code which you type in the device from the bank you got,
you get a result, type it in, and there you're done! Why make things always so complicated :S

If you know how to do direct ebanking with paypal, please explain me

#5 Kessler

Kessler

You don't know me.

• +Clients
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:05 PM

If you know how to do direct ebanking with paypal, please explain me

Paypal does offer the option to do payments via direct transfer from your bank account. You would need to consult with Paypal for assistance with setting that up, but it is relatively easy.

As for alternative payment methods, please send an email to billing@invisionpower.com or submit a ticket to the billing department.

Please direct questions, comments and support requests to the appropriate locations
Customer Forums ~ Bug Tracker ~ Client Area Support
Pre-Sales ~ Feedback Forums ~ Modifications ~ Skinning
Submitting support tickets

#6 Sarah Joy Sokoloff

Sarah Joy Sokoloff

IPB Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

I'm sorry but I have been looking another full hour and reading articles about paypal,
on how i can use my bank card to pay instantly with paypal, without having to go through
the whole hassle of linking and connecting, and checking bank statements and whole that weird stuff.
The other way around is to send money from bank to paypal account first, which takes 4 days to arrive at paypal,
and then send from paypal to IPS. It's the most rediculous thing i ever witnessed.

I'll just wait for my credit card to arrive sigh. I only need it to buy this suite. So silly.
Could have setup the board 3 weeks ago, but I don't have a credit card yet.
I'll just wait. Thanks for the assistance, allthough it's very frustrating.

I used my bank card for so many things before to buy stuff instantly online.
It's the first time i come somewhere that isn't possible. Shame!
I don't even know If i should trust the credit card thing. We'll see.

Anyway, you know what they say. Patience is a virtue! :dry:
Thank you for the support, and i'm very sorry for sounding a bit upset.
But I got it of my shoulders now. Thanks.

Regards
Sarah

#7 The Guy

The Guy

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:42 PM

Well hopefully soon you will be sitting back with the suite in the pawn of your hands ready to take action. :smile: Waiting is worth it, I remember when I had to wait for my debit card to come it, it was straggle because I saw this really nice computer that was for sale for a limited time. And once I got it I bought it straight away!

Hope you get it soon!
Larry
  • Sarah Joy Sokoloff likes this

#8 Sarah Joy Sokoloff

Sarah Joy Sokoloff

IPB Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:02 PM

Well hopefully soon you will be sitting back with the suite in the pawn of your hands ready to take action. :smile: Waiting is worth it, I remember when I had to wait for my debit card to come it, it was straggle because I saw this really nice computer that was for sale for a limited time. And once I got it I bought it straight away!

Hope you get it soon!
Larry

That's very sweet of you to say! Thank you! :huggles:
I guess when you have to wait, it will feel alot more rewarding once you are able to get it.
And I guess you'll feel happier also being a proud owner once you installed it.

Remember all those years as a little child, seeing all those presents under the christmas tree,
the days before christmas, and you couldn't sleep cause you wanted to open them before christmas.
Those were good times thinking back. Even tho it felt frustrating also back then. Maybe this will be the same.
A nice memory to treasure when you think back at it. Good times! :D
  • The Guy likes this

#9 Sandi_

Sandi_

Code Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:30 PM

I used my bank card for so many things before to buy stuff instantly online.
It's the first time i come somewhere that isn't possible. Shame!
I don't even know If i should trust the credit card thing. We'll see.

I don't understand why you cannot: I use my bank card ( debit not credit card ) with IPS for all semi-anual upgrades and purchases.

Twenty years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs.

Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. PLEASE! Don't let Kevin Bacon die.

#10 3DKiwi

3DKiwi

IPB regular

• +Clients
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:23 PM

I don't understand what the problem is. I pay my accounts with IPS with my Visa Credit Card. I've never had a problem.

Can you please explain me how then? The only thing i can find with paypal is that you first need to link the bank card,
then make a small payment to them, to verify it's your account, or they deduct a small amount,, then you need to get
your bank statements, and look for a code on there! Sjeez, looks weird to me! By the time i get my bank statements,
that's another month..

So what's wrong with online banking to get this number? No need to wait for your printed statement.

I think the problem is your end not a problem with IPS.

3DKiwi
  • Jinkler likes this
C4D Cafe My IPB powered web site.

#11 Andrej

Andrej

<?php define("Me"); ?>

• +Clients
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:21 AM

I use pay as guest onpaypal all the time just proceed to checkout and when the paypal page pops up the option should appear just enter your card info select pay as guest and done.
  • Rhett likes this

#12 Alfa1

Alfa1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:07 AM

I use pay as guest onpaypal all the time just proceed to checkout and when the paypal page pops up the option should appear just enter your card info select pay as guest and done.

She has no card:

I've been waiting for over 3 weeks to receive my credit card i requested,

• The Guy likes this

#13 Alexander V

Alexander V

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:18 AM

I don't understand what the problem is. I pay my accounts with IPS with my Visa Credit Card. I've never had a problem.

So what's wrong with online banking to get this number? No need to wait for your printed statement.

3DKiwi

Errm, it can be abused for all kinds of funny stuff. Go google around Paypal Complaints a bit. :P

Awesome to hear you got a way of paying now- I hope you'll enjoy the great featureset IPB offers.

And the fact that more payment gateways will come in a while. :) (At least, I think they will!)

#14 Sarah Joy Sokoloff

Sarah Joy Sokoloff

IPB Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:22 AM

3DKiwi

As I said, first, it's not instant either. Secondly i'm not linking my bank account to paypal!
I do not wish anyone hacking my paypal to then be able to get all money from my bank account!
Paypal is only password protect, and doesn't even have a verification device that gives a random number each few seconds.
It's just not safe.

It would have been alot easier to have ogone or moneybrookers, which is VERY VERY safe.
Since you even need to use a card reader device with a random number each few seconds.

I'll wait for my mastercard to arrive, buy the ips suite, and then cancel the master card.
  • The Guy likes this

#15 Alexander V

Alexander V

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:36 AM

As I said, first, it's not instant either. Secondly i'm not linking my bank account to paypal!
I do not wish anyone hacking my paypal to then be able to get all money from my bank account!
Paypal is only password protect, and doesn't even have a verification device that gives a random number each few seconds.
It's just not safe.

It would have been alot easier to have ogone or moneybrookers, which is VERY VERY safe.
Since you even need to use a card reader device with a random number each few seconds.

I'll wait for my mastercard to arrive, buy the ips suite, and then cancel the master card.

Next time, take a look into mywirecard.com. I used it in the past :)

#16 Robulosity2

Robulosity2

Needs Serious Help

• +Clients
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:25 PM

So a complaint is its not instant? So 5 buisness days for Payment confirmation vs waiting weeks for a replacement credit card is so horrendous?

Of course, you could always just go oh Buy a pre-paid card and use that....

#17 Alfa1

Alfa1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:28 PM

Prepaid cards have only recently been introduced in Belgium and The Netherlands and are very hard to come by.

#18 Sarah Joy Sokoloff

Sarah Joy Sokoloff

IPB Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

I got the Credit Card over the weekend! And I bought it! I'm so happy!
Thanks for all support!
  • Matt, • Jay •, Nick˛ and 4 others like this

#19 NenaDice

NenaDice

It will be legend....wait for it....dary

• +Clients
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:05 PM

Welcome :)

My Hooks  

Please do not ask me in private to provide free support for you. If you want to make use of my time and expertise then you will have to pay for them.

dubtime

#20 .Ian

.Ian

Needs Life

• +Clients
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:07 AM

I got the Credit Card over the weekend! And I bought it! I'm so happy!
Thanks for all support!

Glad you got it sorted - welcome to the world of IPS :)
  • Matt likes this

Add Comet Chat to your community :smile:     SmartDNS / Global VPN optionsworks with Windows, OSX, iPhone, Android, iPad, AppleTV, Wii, PS3, XBOX360 and more

Non League UK

Play safe and purchase IP.Board from IPS! - click here to buy

Converting from Vbulletin, phpBB or another forum to IPB? Click here for the conversion service - it might be free!

IPS Hosting - click here for the prices & specifications. Some packages include a free version of IP.Board!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users