Make Rss import easier and cleaner

2 posts in this topic

Posted

There are a lot of blogging platforms that allow members to customize everything. As IP Blog is not as advanced as others, i believe until it grows to become better, you should focus more on making easier for members to import Rss feeds from their existing blogs.

Rss feeds work, atom feeds DON'T, or at least not in my case, and other a few members.
Until a member understands that he can import rss feeds from his blog to this one, he already leaves the page. This functionality is not that visible.

Many of these members that are already using other blogs are obviously interested in promoting them as much as possible, so they are not looking to create new blogs from scratch, we should show them that they can promote/duplicate their existing posts here as well.

So, in conclusion:
Make feed imports easier, cleaner and more visible! Focus on this area... And let us admins manage the rss feeds of members, so that we can help them from the admin to add their feeds if they can't handle.

m3rk0rd likes this

Posted

[quote name='Noni' timestamp='1320697813' post='2192911']
So, in conclusion:
Make feed imports easier, cleaner and more visible! Focus on this area... And let us admins manage the rss feeds of members, so that we can help them from the admin to add their feeds if they can't handle.

Given that IP.Blog is finally getting a new round of updates, I'd like to reiterate Noni's message here.