4 replies to this topic

#1 chilihead

chilihead

Spam Happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:58 AM

If you are on a member's profile page and click VNC, it has Members selected by default. Now why would you be looking for new members coming from a profile page? It should default to Forums, as people are bouncing around the forum, but always looking for new posts, not new members. I understand Blog going to Blogs etc. but the profile page is part of the forum.

Also I believe the Other options the bottom should not be saved, but be reset upon revisiting the page. I had "Just items I follow" saved and couldn't figure out why I could not see new posts.

But I do like the Time Period settings in the center being saved. That is great.

Thanks

#2 3DKiwi

3DKiwi

IPB regular

• +Clients
  • 5,074 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:13 AM

I agree. The same also applies for IP Content created pages.

3DKiwi
  • chilihead likes this
C4D Cafe My IPB powered web site.

#3 marklcfc

marklcfc

Needs Serious Help

• +Clients
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

I've changed mine so that it defaults to forums whatever page you access it from, on my phone now but I'll post tomorrow if no one else has.
  • chilihead likes this

#4 marklcfc

marklcfc

Needs Serious Help

• +Clients
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:22 PM

If you want it to set to forums each time like myself, In globaltemplate search for

<a href='{parse url="app=core&amp;module=search&amp;do=viewNewContent&amp;search_app=<if test="viewnewcontentapp:|:$this->registry->getCurrentApplication() != 'core' AND IPSLib::appIsSearchable( $this->registry->getCurrentApplication() )">{$this->registry->getCurrentApplication()}<else />forums</if>" base="public"}' accesskey='2'>

replace with

<a href='{parse url="app=core&amp;module=search&amp;do=viewNewContent&amp;search_app=forums" base="public"}' accesskey='2'>

• chilihead likes this

#5 chilihead

chilihead

Spam Happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

Thanks for the tip. Maybe they'll change it by default.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users