• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#61 milanista23

milanista23

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

What's up with this feature? For some reason when dowloading/uploading this language.xml.gz (Hebrew - 100%) it's uploading it but still shows some parts in English. (even if they were already translated)

#62 Jean

Jean

Once in a Lifetime Experience

• +Clients
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

Is there something new? :huh:
God bless you
Posted Image (1) Mods
Ziv Jean - yNET
I'll e back and read your email soon. Meanwhile....e Patient.
When you come back you will not go back
"1958-2009 (Fri Jun 26 00:14:48 EDT 2009)" - Michael Jackson - of blessed memory

what is "minify" ? Don't you know what is it? Find out here

http://community.inv...for-a-donation/
My father rip

#63 IPBSupport.de

IPBSupport.de

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 559 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

Like all attempts to improve and/or support the international community respectively the translations of the IPS-Software of IPS, i'll also see this projekt dying...

All these projects were begun with much enthusiasm from IPS, but then they have half-hearted dealt with the projects and stopped it...
Helge Holst
IPBSupport.de Organization

| German IP.Board Support | German Language Packs | My Amazon Wishlist |

"Programmining is similar to sex, if you make a mistake you have to support it for the rest of your life!"

#64 Alex

Alex

Needs Hobby

• +Clients
  • 4,487 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

The issues that are being pointed to are issues within IP.Board itself though (such as not being able to upload a language pack), I'm not sure what news to give really.. :unsure:

Alex Hobbs
alex[at]alexhobbs.co.uk | Twitter

#65 IPBSupport.de

IPBSupport.de

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 559 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:40 AM

We have posted here on this topic a lot of other issues - not only IP.Board specific...

E.g.:
  • "Untranslated Text" does not work
  • "Outdated Text" does not work
  • Search does not work and/or we can not search for "keys" which is essential
  • If a member change a translated string to a new one, the number of "contributions" on the old translator of the string doesn't change (e.g. if member A translated 10 strings and member B changed all 10 strings member A have still 10 contributions)
  • If you save a page all strings with special umlauts/special characters (like ü ö ä) show as changed ("A minute ago"), although you have not changed anything
  • There are "ghosts" (no member name) in the "Top Contributors" list(s). E.g. HERE
  • Special characters shown not as html in the translation area
Maybe forget / miss any bug...
  • Jean likes this
Helge Holst

"Programmining is similar to sex, if you make a mistake you have to support it for the rest of your life!"

#66 Jean

Jean

• +Clients
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

Exactly what IPBSupport.de said.
God bless you
Posted Image (1) Mods
Ziv Jean - yNET
"1958-2009 (Fri Jun 26 00:14:48 EDT 2009)" - Michael Jackson - of blessed memory

My father rip

#67 AdminDA

AdminDA

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

Not sure if this is the right topic but I have some odd issues with my translation for 3.2.3 (yes I know I'm a bit behind :P).

The two things that are bugging me are:
- there's no "show all" text for emoticons under the quick access panel... I have the text translated, I also tried removing the translation and still no "show all" link to get the popup window with all emoticons
- the text in the searchbox is "placeholder". I can't find it anywhere in the translation file? In english it says "Search...".

#68 Jean

Jean

• +Clients
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

AdminDa, these kinds of problems are related to the Bug Tracker and it should be posted in an appropriate place.
God bless you
Posted Image (1) Mods
Ziv Jean - yNET

My father rip

#69 Alex

Alex

Needs Hobby

• +Clients
  • 4,487 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

Just to keep you updated on this, we are working on these issues you have pointed out and will let you know when the system is updated here. :)
  • Jean likes this

Alex Hobbs

#70 Jean

Jean

• +Clients
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Just to keep you updated on this, we are working on these issues you have pointed out and will let you know when the system is updated here. :smile:

Good news :)
God bless you
Posted Image (1) Mods
Ziv Jean - yNET

My father rip

#71 Alex

Alex

Needs Hobby

• +Clients
  • 4,487 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

We have posted here on this topic a lot of other issues - not only IP.Board specific...

E.g.:

• "Untranslated Text" does not work

Fixed.

"Outdated Text" does not work

Fixed.

Search does not work and/or we can not search for "keys" which is essential

Search is working for me - it may have been fixed by me sorting the other things out though.

If a member change a translated string to a new one, the number of "contributions" on the old translator of the string doesn't change (e.g. if member A translated 10 strings and member B changed all 10 strings member A have still 10 contributions)

Not a bug, if someone comes along and updates all the translations we don't want peoples previous contributions to be forgotten about, seems wrong to remove them.

If you save a page all strings with special umlauts/special characters (like ü ö ä) show as changed ("A minute ago"), although you have not changed anything

Cannot reproduce.

There are "ghosts" (no member name) in the "Top Contributors" list(s). E.g. HERE

Fixed.

Special characters shown not as html in the translation area

Not too sure what you mean here, special characters seem to be displaying fine for me.

Alex Hobbs

#72 IPBSupport.de

IPBSupport.de

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 559 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Search is working for me - it may have been fixed by me sorting the other things out though.

Still not working:
Attached File  Bildschirmfoto 2012-04-24 um 21.10.29.png   97.77KB   25 downloads

Not too sure what you mean here, special characters seem to be displaying fine for me.

Helge Holst

#73 Jean

Jean

• +Clients
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:55 AM

1. Saving the current page redirecting me automatically to the first page (instead of staying on the same "saved" page)

2. In IE8 there's an Error on script:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 06:39:58 UTC

Line: 1254
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: [url="http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=languages&module=products&section=downloads&do=viewLanguage&language=11&st=350"]http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=languages&module=products&section=downloads&do=viewLanguage&language=11&st=350[/url]

3. Is that so difficult to add an highlights/bold words that have been changed on an exsited text?
For example:

If in the next version you're going to change the:

rate_file_4 (with the text parsed: Rate file 4 star) and change this text to:

Rate document 4 star

3. Is that possible to bold the changed word? for example

Rate document 4 star

and when submitting a change, it won't display the bold text and will be displayed regulary (without bold).

4. Is that anyway of deleting the "old" strings that are not already in use? (the board determines which strings are not in used right now and should be deleted on this current version).

5. On the RTL skin the search bar looks fine but the Search box has the "English" located on the right side of the searchbox. Can you please move it to the left in order to display the text as well? Now I can write fine in english or hebrew but cannot see a part from the code. (it hides the first 6-7 chars.).

I have also tried to look for the translated work (הוסף הערה) and was having an error that says:

No results were found for the search term: "הוסף הערה"
God bless you
Posted Image (1) Mods
Ziv Jean - yNET

My father rip

#74 Jean

Jean

• +Clients
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

Some people report on a bad behavior on the Hebrew translation pack. When uploading this pack to the forum, it won't show the:
→ and ← properly.

All these icons are automatically replaced with:
ג†

Thanks Alex!
God bless you
Posted Image (1) Mods
Ziv Jean - yNET

My father rip

#75 IPBSupport.de

IPBSupport.de

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 559 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Some people report on a bad behavior on the Hebrew translation pack. When uploading this pack to the forum, it won't show the:
→ and ← properly.

All these icons are automatically replaced with:

ג†

Thanks Alex!

Looks like the "html-problem" i posted above...

Edit: Oh, the attachment no longer show in the post above...

See here, Alex:

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto 2012-04-28 um 23.11.16.png   20.68KB   13 downloads
  • Jean likes this
Helge Holst

#76 Jean

Jean

• +Clients
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:30 AM

I already updated the outdated text with changing the text to different but nothing was changed. Everything was saved, but this is still on the outdated tab.
God bless you
Posted Image (1) Mods
Ziv Jean - yNET

My father rip

#77 IPBSupport.de

IPBSupport.de

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 559 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:53 AM

If the response time is always so long (we are again waiting almost a month since the last reply), we are waiting years for a working and a bug-free system...
Helge Holst

#78 IPBSupport.de

IPBSupport.de

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 559 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

If you save a page all strings with special umlauts/special characters (like ü ö ä) show as changed ("A minute ago"), although you have not changed anything

Cannot reproduce.

A quick update to this:

Just see this happen here again multiple times when editing strings on a page (not all strings of a page)

This bug not always occur, but I can not see a schematic when it happens...

I only know: I'm not changed the (translated) strings (with umlauts) and it marked as changed.
Helge Holst

#79 Alex

Alex

Needs Hobby

• +Clients
  • 4,487 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

A quick update to this:

Just see this happen here again multiple times when editing strings on a page (not all strings of a page)

This bug not always occur, but I can not see a schematic when it happens...

I only know: I'm not changed the (translated) strings (with umlauts) and it marked as changed.

With all due respect, I have been working on other things as well, and the bug you are reporting is hardly show stopping, it doesn't stop you being able to translate or download packs, it just marks a few strings as updated due to the symbols - on the grand scale of things I'd say that was a pretty low priority bug.

I'll look at these, but these are all relatively minor problems.

#80 Jean

Jean

• +Clients
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:12 AM

http://community.inv...p?app=languages

I'm confused 'cause in the top contributors that states there is a different number of contributions for each member.

It's totally impossible. Each language has the same number of strings, then why the german language pack has have than 9654 strings?
Can you please clean this mess? There is a big mess that must be cleaned. If there are totally 7000 lang strings, recount the number of
strings and "remove" the old-strings that are not in used anymore.

People are looking for a clean translation , which has the same number of strings for each language pack.

Hope this will be fixed soon..
God bless you
Posted Image (1) Mods
Ziv Jean - yNET

My father rip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users