"You earned commission!"; email

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Why not to add the file name or file URL of the file that was just bought by the user ?

SOS-1323943830-U1.png

If you have 1 or 2 files, ok, that's easy. I have a few (only 10 or 11), but we have some contributors here that has more than 20, 25...

It's really annoying try to guess or have to check ID per ID of all files in Marketplace API to see which one was sold, especially if you use the same price range.

Thank you.

Michael, roc13x, sijad and 11 others like this

Posted

I certainly wouldn't be complaining if I was getting heaps of these messages :sad:

But you bring out a good point, this would be useful.

Hardes Inc. and Mark like this

Posted

I definitely agree about this. It could help with future marketing decisions if anything.

Posted

[quote name='Adriano Faria' timestamp='1323943981' post='2209570']If you have 1 or 2 files, ok, that's easy. I have a few (only 10 or 11), but we have some contributors here that has more than 20, 25...

It's really annoying try to guess or have to check ID per ID of all files in Marketplace API to see which one was sold, especially if you use the same price range.

In the meantime, using the API, you could disable the email notifications from here and have an API on your site generate an email when a purchase is made. I have all API calls saved to a file so I can look it up if necessary. :)

Posted

Personally, I actually use the Marketplace API to create an order in Nexus on my own community (which also notifies me of the sale). Only thing that annoys me is that Nexus notifications don't (by default - I haven't delved into it) include the order title (which would clearly indicate to me that it's a Marketplace purchase) so I get my hopes up that the money will be in my company account the next day, when it's unfortunately stuck in PayPal.

I've posted the code I use in IP.Content for the page that handles this before, but I can post it again if it would be useful.

Posted

[quote name='Kyanar' timestamp='1346991787' post='2305930']I've posted the code I use in IP.Content for the page that handles this before, but I can post it again if it would be useful.

Posted

Guys, please, anyone with a little knowloledge in PHP knows how to do it. I'm trying to do this software a littler better than it is now.

Think in all of those users who don't know what the hell API means!

Posted

[quote name='Wolfie' timestamp='1347127818' post='2306501']
Yes please.

I need to fix it - I found a bug recently. I'll start a new thread in the contributor chat for it when I do that so as not to derail Adriano's very good suggestion.

[quote name='Adriano Faria' timestamp='1347128314' post='2306505']
Guys, please, anyone with a little knowloledge in PHP knows how to do it. I'm trying to do this software a littler better than it is now.

Think in all of those users who don't know what the hell API means!

I agree - I'd like nothing more than for the email to not be completely useless. Nothing wrong with providing workarounds for those that can implement them though :)

Adriano Faria likes this

Posted

+1 from me too. I already suggested this in the IPS Marketplace improvements topic a few weeks back :).

Adriano Faria likes this

Posted

I second this as well. It would be indeed a nice addition.

Adriano Faria likes this

Posted

How about when you get a commission email, have no credit, and cant remember the last time you had a referral link posted somewhere :)  Talk about confusing!

Posted

The order number and payment method use by the customer would also be nice.

Posted

The order number and payment method use by the customer would also be nice.

I don't know that an admin would want one member knowing about the financial means of another member.  If the site only supports PayPal, then it's pointless to include.  If it supports multiple services, then revealing that source could tell something about that member that they don't want to be revealed.

Posted

I don't know that an admin would want one member knowing about the financial means of another member.  If the site only supports PayPal, then it's pointless to include.  If it supports multiple services, then revealing that source could tell something about that member that they don't want to be revealed.

Sorry I meant:

The buyer should get that information in the email he gets, I didn't mean the seller should get that.

Now the buyer gets nothing but a line on the email saying his purchase was aproved.

But after reading again this topic, I guess this request was made in the wrong place :ph34r:

Posted

Now it shows the user who bought and the file name.

Thank you for this. :)

Mark and Andrej like this