Photo
- - - - -

Buying new Standard license - any impact on Perpetual or Lifetime?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 clipped

clipped

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:11 AM

Hi there

I currently have a Perpetual and Lifetime license, I'm looking to buy a new IP.Board Standard license before the price increases.

Can I just check - if I buy the new Standard license, will the "new" license terms only apply to that license, and my Perpetual and Lifetime licenses will keep their respective existing license terms? i.e. The purchase of the new third license will have no impact on my existing licenses?

Many thanks in advance.

#2 .Ian

.Ian

Needs Life

• +Clients
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:15 AM

Hello,

That is correct, yes.

Add Comet Chat to your community :smile:     SmartDNS / Global VPN optionsworks with Windows, OSX, iPhone, Android, iPad, AppleTV, Wii, PS3, XBOX360 and more

Non League UK

Play safe and purchase IP.Board from IPS! - click here to buy

Converting from Vbulletin, phpBB or another forum to IPB? Click here for the conversion service - it might be free!

IPS Hosting - click here for the prices & specifications. Some packages include a free version of IP.Board!

#3 Kessler

Kessler

You don't know me.

• +Clients
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:02 PM

In addition to what Ian said.

If you would like to convert one or more of your legacy licenses to a Standard license, we will do that for you for free. When the license is converted, we would set an expiration on the license for when you would need to renew it. During that time, you would get the benefits of having a Standard license at no additional cost.

Lifetime license converted to Standard, the license would expire a year after it was converted.

Perpetual license converted to Standard, we would add 6 months to it's current expiration.

Keep in mind that once converted, the licenses would reach a point of expiring and would need to be renewed, $25 for 6 months.

So if you purchase a new Standard license and decide you like the benefits of it (Spam Monitoring Service, free 5 user chat, Visual Skin Editor, etc), then you can convert your other licenses to get the benefits with those as well.
  • .Ian likes this

Please direct questions, comments and support requests to the appropriate locations
Customer Forums ~ Bug Tracker ~ Client Area Support
Pre-Sales ~ Feedback Forums ~ Modifications ~ Skinning
Submitting support tickets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users