• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 EBrown

EBrown

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

I know this will not pass, but IP.Content is just a cheaply made WordPress clone that costs money. Why don't you guys just make a Wordpress, Joomla, and Drupal integration for money (even just modify the current functionality of this to integrate between them)? I'm sure people would pay for that than this. I bought it and used it for a year and never liked it at all.
Thanks always,
Elliott Brown

#2 Jυra

Jυra

Needs Serious Help

• +Clients
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:40 PM

I would have paid for that too.
  • EBrown likes this
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something." - Woodrow Wilson
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
"An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it." - Orlando A. Battista
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." - Theodore Roosevelt

#3 Freeborne

Freeborne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

lol.

I await Marcher's indepth and complicated retort about the power behind IP.Content.

I've seen WordPress, and I agree it's got a lot going for it. Great modding community, lots of free content, powerful system, easy to use, good SEO, etc, etc. Same with Joomla, there's things I hate about it, but it felt easier to use than IP.Content (especially when it came to making nice articles)

I hope IP.Content can get a lot closer to WordPress in those areas to make it a better CMS because it's really a great product but requires too much coding to use properly and most of us want to be designers, not developers or programmers.

IPS will also probably respond that you can use IP.Converge to link IP.Board to WordPress, Joomla, or Drupal. You could put IP.Content blocks anywhere in Wordpress using the widget code.

I would rather IPS just focus more on improving IP.Content. It still has a long way to go and I don't think it's progressing as fast as it should be (they seem to spend most of their time fixing bugs in the past year).
  • EBrown likes this

#4 EBrown

EBrown

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:03 AM

It is free so anyone with a mind will know buying IP.Content for something that is worse will turn away from it right away. The only way IPS could make a profit from this great free CMS is offer true integration and get rid of what they are trying to do with IP.Content. I understand it is a waste of time, but so was the old look of IP.Board, so they should get rid of the whole design of it and redo it from scratch (whatever it takes for it to happen will make IP.Board that much better of a forum software). You should not use a forum software to host a website, this is basic knowledge of web development. I don't understand what they are trying to achieve, they will never surpass WordPress. It is just too much for one company to compete against when so many people use it.

Also, IP.Converage barely works and they should already offer this in the forum software itself (making it easy to use), along with referrals but they do not.
Thanks always,
Elliott Brown

#5 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,584 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:04 AM

Thank you for your feedback, however I don't really see much of anything in this topic that would be considered "feedback or suggestions for IP.Content", so I'm going to close this. If you have ideas on how to improve our software, feel free to share them.
  • Charles, Michael, ZakRhyno and 2 others like this

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users