Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Entry image: Restrictions please!

7 posts in this topic

Posted

The entry image in IP.Blog 2.5 is a nice feature, but the possibilities to control it are non-existent. My users can upload images of every filesize and dimensions! That is not good... please add some options to the ACP (best member group wise) to restrict what files can be uploaded!

Blais, CallieJo, m3rk0rd and 3 others like this

Posted

No one else have this problem??? :no:

Posted

Compare to my WP Blogs, I'm missing image controls. The Blog only has the very basic control from the forum.
I you have different writers your blog will relay look mixt-up. 'm missing a easy template generator to create templates.

Sample:
The text on the right side of the entry image is to close;
and there a no simple controls for the spacing (But i have them In Seamonkey, Word, Wordpress etc.)

CallieJo and T3XT3 like this

Posted

[quote name='N00bPwners' timestamp='1327192253' post='2223499']
The text on the right side of the entry image is to close;
and there a no simple controls for the spacing (But i have them In Seamonkey, Word, Wordpress etc.)

That's right!

CallieJo likes this

Posted

my +1 on this
please add an option to disable entry image

Posted

Agree!

Does anyone have a workaround to delete some lines in the code to disable the possibility to upload a entry image? As it ruins the whole structure of the post.

Posted

+1!

We have added a note to the upload page on our website as a temp solution. Not perfect, but hey, at least I won't feel bad for deleting the oversizers. We're using a custom skin so idk how compatible this is.

<input type='file' name='entry_image' id='image_field' <if test="hasEntryImageDisplay:|:$image">style='display:none'</if> />&nbsp;&nbsp;<a class='ipsType_smaller' href='http://www.yoursite.com/topic/explain-topic/' target='_blank' <if test="hasEntryImageDisplay:|:$image">style='display:none'</if>>Keep to a reasonable image size!</a>