• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 m3rk0rd

m3rk0rd

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 305 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

I've got a blog set up to import from an RSS feed. Even though I have the blog setting Default status of new entries set to Draft, imported entries are set as Published. I would really like the option to have these things set as draft on import, so I can have the option of deleting ones I deem inappropriate or off topic before my users see them.

At the very least, a note should be made under Default status of new entries saying that the setting does not apply to RSS imports.

#2 AndyF

AndyF

iQA4u

• IPS Staff
  • 26,021 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:22 AM

I'm not sure if that's WAI or a bug, I'd actually go with it being intended as you are importing a feed. A note on the form may be helpful though regarding this. :)

Andrew Ford

Client Support Technician and Marketplace Moderator

Invision Power Services, Inc.

Community Articles - Marketplace Guidelines - Marketplace Blog

A Look Back! - 1.0.1 - 1.3.1 - 2.0.0 - 2.1.7 - 2.2.0 - 2.3.6 - 3.0.5 - 3.1.4 - 3.2.3

#3 m3rk0rd

m3rk0rd

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 305 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:58 AM

Yep, I assumed it was not a bug. Part of my reasoning for the suggestion is that, because topics imported into forums can be set to Hidden, providing the same option for blog entries would improve consistency between the two applications (although there is no hidden for blogs, Draft is the next best thing).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users