Samourai

UNICORN !

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hello,

I would like to know a few things before buying your license :

- Is it possible to have several skins, and let the choice to the registered users only to choose their favourite one ?
- Is BBCode fully customizable, and could we for example create our own BBCode (with your help if we have the 6 months subscription) ?
- I have a website based on wordpress, and I would like to convert its content if I go on BBCode. Is it possible to do so with only IP.Board, and then continue adding easily pages and articles, eventhough I own neither IP.Blog or IP.Content ?
- Could I give permissions to groups of registered users to add images to the gallery, articles to the blog or pages to the website, for example ? As if they were administrators.
- Would it be possible to have a skin who adapts to the screen size, but whom the header image would also adapt ?

I think I'll have a few other questions, but I'll stop here for now :P

Thank you very much for answering, and sorry for my bad english.

Best regards,
Arsuki.
  • Sheertnet likes this

My french community, based on mangas and japanese stuff : www.mangadestiny.com

- The account owner for this user has just changed, just to let you informed -

#2 Cyrem

Cyrem

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 994 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

1. Yes. Just import multiple skins.
2. Yes, this is standard functionality of IP.Board.
3. I don't think there is a way to automatically convert, I think it would just be a matter of revising your articles to work with BBcode.
4. Yes. Easily done
5. You'd need to contact a skin developer to do that for you.

#3 Cmarenburg

Cmarenburg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

Hello,

I would like to know a few things before buying your license :

- Is it possible to have several skins, and let the choice to the registered users only to choose their favourite one ?
- Is BBCode fully customizable, and could we for example create our own BBCode (with your help if we have the 6 months subscription) ?
- I have a website based on wordpress, and I would like to convert its content if I go on BBCode. Is it possible to do so with only IP.Board, and then continue adding easily pages and articles, eventhough I own neither IP.Blog or IP.Content ?
- Could I give permissions to groups of registered users to add images to the gallery, articles to the blog or pages to the website, for example ? As if they were administrators.
- Would it be possible to have a skin who adapts to the screen size, but whom the header image would also adapt ?

I think I'll have a few other questions, but I'll stop here for now :tongue:

Thank you very much for answering, and sorry for my bad english.

Best regards,
Arsuki.

Hello Arsuki,

1) Yes it is possible to have more then one skin, if you look at the bottom right next to the rss icon there is a link named "Change Theme" Just simply click on that.
2)Yes you can create your own custom BBcode, and it is easy to do.

3) You could look at using IPS's official addon, Ip.Content it well allow you to add pages with a few clicks, and it well be easy(ish) to move from Wordpress to IP.Content how ever there is no converter so you would have to Copy & Paste. Ip.Content is making leaps & Bounds for the next realse ( See about them in the Company Blogs )

I can't help you with your last question as i have never looked into it.
Flying RC airplanes; Owning a hobby farm; going to school; in 4-H; gee more then i thought i did, although i am having fun with most at most of those activities :D

#4 Samourai

Samourai

UNICORN !

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:08 AM

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your help.

Concerning the 3rd point, I saw a converter for Wordpress here : http://www.invisionp...ite/convert.php
It says it could convert Articles, Categories, Comments and Pages from Wordpress to IP.Content. Could I have more infos ?

Concerning the 4th one, is it also possible to let specific users add an article or a page, but to make in sort they need an approval to be published ?
And BTW, could we design a group of moderators, different from the forum moderators, to approve the IP.Content adds ?

And Cyrem, if I contact a skin developer, around how much would it cost ?

Oh, and I'd got another question too : is it possible to put an icon in the input text area (the place where you write your message) to propose to the users to upload specific files (images only) on our database, so we can host their images, and create a page where they can review their own images and for example delete them ?

Once again, thank you for your help, and sorry for my bad english x)

Best regards,
Atsuki.

#5 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,644 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your help.

Concerning the 3rd point, I saw a converter for Wordpress here : http://www.invisionp...ite/convert.php
It says it could convert Articles, Categories, Comments and Pages from Wordpress to IP.Content. Could I have more infos ?

Please email sales@invisionpower.com to get more information on the converters.

Concerning the 4th one, is it also possible to let specific users add an article or a page, but to make in sort they need an approval to be published ?

You can allow specific users to add articles, but not pages. To allow users to add pages, you would need to give them ACP access (note that you can set up restricted administrators who can access only specific sections of the ACP - so you could give a user ACP access but only permit them to access the pages section). You can allow articles to require moderator approval before they are published.

And BTW, could we design a group of moderators, different from the forum moderators, to approve the IP.Content adds ?

Yes, IP.Content allows you to set up moderators separately.

And Cyrem, if I contact a skin developer, around how much would it cost ?

Prices vary greatly, depending on your request and the skin developer you contact. You would have to contact the skin developer directly to get a quote.

Oh, and I'd got another question too : is it possible to put an icon in the input text area (the place where you write your message) to propose to the users to upload specific files (images only) on our database, so we can host their images, and create a page where they can review their own images and for example delete them ?

IP.Board supports attachments, however putting an icon into the editor to allow them would require a custom modification. If you click the 'More Reply Options' below the fast reply area on this page, you can upload attachments from here if you want to see how it works.

Once again, thank you for your help, and sorry for my bad english x)

Best regards,
Atsuki.

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

#6 Samourai

Samourai

UNICORN !

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

Hello,

Thank you for answering.

Another question, concerning the last point of my previous message : where are the attached images located ? Could everyone see other user's uploaded content ? How do this content appear in the message ?

Juste a test of two attachments :

Attached File  avatarburning3.png   103.1KB   1 downloads

Attached File  Majestyofthenobodyava.png   43.47KB   2 downloads

Does it work ? x)

Anyway, thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Atsuki.

#7 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,644 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

You have multiple options for attaching images.

1) You can link to any off- (or on-) site image using the image icon in the editor.

Posted Image

These are viewable to anyone who can view the thread.

2) You can use the attachment feature available on the "More Reply Options" form. These attachments are viewable to anyone who has "download" permissions in the forum (note that download permissions apply to all attachments, not just images).

3) You can upload images to Gallery and then use the shared media button to embed them into the topic. Here is an example from one my albums here

test

Brandon Farber

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

#8 Samourai

Samourai

UNICORN !

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

The thing is I'd like my users to post directly the image in the post, with the same system as if they had used the BBCode :
[img]linkoftheimage[/img]

Do you see what I mean ?

Best regards,
Atsuki.

#9 Samourai

Samourai

UNICORN !

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hello,

I saw the change was done... How did you proceed ?

Best regards,
Atsuki.

#10 Samourai

Samourai

UNICORN !

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:54 AM

Hello,

I'd have another question : what would be the needs in CPU for your system ? I am just wondering if the CPU possibilities of my host are sufficient...
Does IP.Board consume much of CPU ? (And lets add that I'll use IP.Gallery and IP.Content too)

Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Atsuki.

#11 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,644 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

Hello,

I'd have another question : what would be the needs in CPU for your system ? I am just wondering if the CPU possibilities of my host are sufficient...
Does IP.Board consume much of CPU ? (And lets add that I'll use IP.Gallery and IP.Content too)

Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Atsuki.

There is no specific minimum or maximum CPU requirement (just like there is no minimum/maximum system memory requirement). You need as many resources as your server requires to run your site. For smaller sites, i.e. new forum installations, this will be much lower than very large forums.

Most basic shared hosting plans will accommodate a new IP.Board installation. As your site grows, you may need to upgrade your hosting to account for the increase in resource usage that occurs with more users using your site.

Brandon Farber

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

#12 Samourai

Samourai

UNICORN !

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

If I have, for example, 100 000 messages and 200 users connected at the same time, would it require a lot of CPU ?

#13 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,644 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

I don't know what "a lot" means here. It would require more CPU power than 100 messages and 2 users connected, of course. :) I'm afraid there isn't a minimum CPU value we could give you really.

Brandon Farber

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

#14 Samourai

Samourai

UNICORN !

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

I see. Thank you for your help :)

Best regards,
Atsuki.