9 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin 7

Kevin 7

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

Okay, I'm new. First time purchasing.

I want to hear about the hosted fearute. I want to know if i use ipb host, will I still be abvle to use many addons, features, etc as if i were on my own host. Is the host dependable, no downtime?

With the ipb hosted, will i only have to pay monthly hosting fee, and NO License fee etc?

Please explain clearly

Cheers,

Kevin 7
Kevin7@theglobalchatter.net

President @ Global Chatter Network

gcn9.png

#2 Sefket

Sefket

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 943 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

Second question - you will only have to pay for the monthly hosting fee, no license fees.

I convert, install IPB Boards, and more! Check my shop here.
Three important things for your website

#3 Pete T

Pete T

The Invisioneer

• +Clients
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

Ok you get IP.Board, and listed apps in the price all the items on IPS host is encoded this means can't modify many files but if had self hosted you would need license but file can be modified part from IP.Nexus.

Please do NOT pm me with support related questions unless requested.
If you are in need of help or assistance, please post on the forum in the appropriate section!

Invision Focus | IBAdvance | My Resources | Make A DonationLike to have IP.Board then could save up to $25! | Interserver

#4 Collin S.

Collin S.

IP.Hippie

• +Clients
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

Okay, I'm new. First time purchasing.

I want to hear about the hosted fearute. I want to know if i use ipb host, will I still be abvle to use many addons, features, etc as if i were on my own host. Is the host dependable, no downtime?

With the ipb hosted, will i only have to pay monthly hosting fee, and NO License fee etc?

Please explain clearly

Our Hosted Community plans allow you to use many addons in the IPS Marketplace - however, addons which require file edits or excessive resource load may not function properly on our hosting. The features of the core package are exactly the same - IP.Board hosted on our servers or your servers has the same features.

The software license is included with the hosting, you only pay the monthly hosting cost.

-Collin S.
Invision Power Services, Inc.

if mouthsize > handsize
boogaloo shrimp and pogo sticks

#5 Kevin 7

Kevin 7

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

The basic ten will only be 10$ monthly, right?

Whats this:

10.00 Renewal: $9.99 Monthly

Do we get email accounts, etc? Where's the feature list?

Cheers,

Kevin 7

gcn9.png

#6 Kevin 7

Kevin 7

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

I entired a random sql username & password when setting my hosted community up. I paid, etc, and now i daont knw the admin account username or password to manage my site. What to do?

Cheers,

Kevin 7

gcn9.png

#7 Mark H.

Mark H.

Designated Abusee

• +Clients
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

Hello.

Not sure what you mean by "I entired a random sql username & password when setting my hosted community up"

In a hosted community, we setup the site for you and email an admin login name and password to you when done.

If you cannot access your site, please login to the Client Area and file a ticket to Support. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Program: n. A magic spell cast upon a computer, which turns user input into error messages. v. A task similar to beating one's head against a wall, but with fewer rewards and less personal satisfaction.

#8 Kevin 7

Kevin 7

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

Issue resolved.

Thanks

Cheers,

Kevin 7

gcn9.png

#9 Kevin 7

Kevin 7

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:40 PM

Will i be able to move the forums to my own domain, but stay on the ipb host. please explain how to do so.

Cheers,

Kevin 7

gcn9.png

#10 steve00

steve00

Needs Serious Help

• +Clients
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:03 AM

this may help you http://www.invisionp...hosting/faq.php

==================================================================================

If you like my answer or it solves your question then please mark my reply as 'Like' or 'Best Answer' 

==================================================================================

Video Tutorials: Change Primary Nav Links - Import 3.4.x skin

World Clock Hook - Member's local time, and time in up to 6 cities around the world

Having trouble upgrading your skins, we can upgrade your IPB skins for you - PM me for further info.

My IPB 3.4.6 Skins: NEW Cobolt - Cerulean - ChritmasTime - Christmas - NOTE: ALL OUR 3.4.5 Skins work with 3.4.6 & require no changes

My IPB 3.4.5 Skins: GreenTheme - BlueSwirl - BlueWaveBlueToneRed Theme - RedBase - Red Glass - BluZone - AmplifiedBlue 

My IPB 3.4.4 Skins: RedBase - Red Glass - BluZone - AmplifiedBlue 

My IPB 3.4.3 Skins: RedBase - Red Glass - BluZone

My IPB 3.4.2 Skins: RedBase

My IPB 3.4.1 Skins (ONLY $10 EACH): Red GlassGoldenTheme - Scarletise - Purple Grain - GrimsonGrey - ViridisAureus - Red Devil - Carbonise

My IPB 3.3.4 Skins: Carbonise - Purple Grain - Blue Grain - Scarletise - CrimsonGrey - Red Devil - ViridisAureus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users