Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ip.download works with IP.content?

4 posts in this topic

Posted

As they are both made by IPS, How hard would it be to say view files per usergroup permissions? have a Upload button(linked to IP.content not upload from the Ip.content)

Am making a backend site using IPB forum / IP.Content but Am in need for a file system that's simple so they can download & upload files within permission

eg :
IP.downloads
GroupAdmin - Can View/download/edit/upload to ALL areas
GroupUnit 1 - Can only View / Download/upload unit1 files
Groupunit 2 - Can only view / download/upload Unit2 files

IP.Content
GroupAdmin - Can View ALL areas
GroupUnit 1 - Can only View / Download unit1 files
Groupunit 2 - Can only view / download Unit2 files

Also So once they upload it They Can't Edit or Delete?

If this is simple ill buy now

Many Thanks

Tim

triaphtoist likes this

Posted

I believe everything you're after is possible, however your explanation confuses me a little bit.

Firstly, IP.Content and IP.Downloads are two separate applications, so you cannot control who can download/view files in IP.Downloads from within IP.Content.

You can control (within IP.Downloads) which permission masks can upload and download files (amongst other things, such as edit and delete) on a per-category basis.
You can control (within IP.Content) which permission masks can access various areas of IP.Content (e.g. a database, or a category within a database). You can control which individual groups can access a given page as well.

So your IP.Downloads configuration should be no problem. I'm not entirely clear on what you would do from within IP.Content specifically, however.

Posted

Sorry my bad wording, I was wanting to know about Pulling information from IP.Downloads, but it be ok without, ill paid for the product and ill find out

Thanks

Posted

You can pull a lot of information from IP.Downloads through the use of feed blocks in IP.Content. If you are able to program (or hire a programmer), anything is possible through the use of PHP blocks or pages.