Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

License

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,
I currently own two licenses. I also have an hosting account, not hosted with IPB. I want a host a website for a friend, and I told him, if he wants, I can purchase him an license if he PayPal's me the money since I get it cheaper. If I do this, and transfer the license to him, will I have to pay the fees? He wants to own the license himself, but he wants to save money so I can purchase it for him.

Thanks,
Sefket

Posted

Hello,

You can transfer an individual licence to a third party once you have owned it for 6 months.

You may login, click "purchases" and then "transfer" to the right of the license.

The licence has to be active however before you transfer it and there is a fee of $20 which includes any applications associated with it.

Therefore it may well work out cheaper for your friend to purchase directly from http://www.invisionpower.com/store/ as if you purchase it it will belong to you and not your friend until you transfer it.

Posted

What if there any applications associated with it? Just the board? I'd still have to pay for a fee to transfer it to him the same day I purchase the license for him?

Posted

[quote name='Sefket' timestamp='1332614650' post='2244989']
I'd still have to pay for a fee to transfer it to him the same day I purchase the license for him?

As was mentioned .. you have to own the license for 6 months before you can transfer

[quote name='.Ian' timestamp='1332582593' post='2244806']
Hello,

You can transfer an individual licence to a third party once you have owned it for 6 months.