3 replies to this topic

#1 Sefket

Sefket

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 943 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hi,
I currently own two licenses. I also have an hosting account, not hosted with IPB. I want a host a website for a friend, and I told him, if he wants, I can purchase him an license if he PayPal's me the money since I get it cheaper. If I do this, and transfer the license to him, will I have to pay the fees? He wants to own the license himself, but he wants to save money so I can purchase it for him.

Thanks,
Sefket

I convert, install IPB Boards, and more! Check my shop here.
Three important things for your website

#2 .Ian

.Ian

Needs Life

• +Clients
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:49 AM

Hello,

You can transfer an individual licence to a third party once you have owned it for 6 months.

You may login, click "purchases" and then "transfer" to the right of the license.

The licence has to be active however before you transfer it and there is a fee of $20 which includes any applications associated with it.

Therefore it may well work out cheaper for your friend to purchase directly from http://www.invisionpower.com/store/ as if you purchase it it will belong to you and not your friend until you transfer it.

Add Comet Chat to your community :smile:  

Non League UK

Play safe and purchase IP.Board from IPS! - click here to buy

Converting from Vbulletin, phpBB or another forum to IPB? Click here for the conversion service - it might be free!

IPS Hosting - click here for the prices & specifications. Some packages include a free version of IP.Board!

#3 Sefket

Sefket

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 943 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

What if there any applications associated with it? Just the board? I'd still have to pay for a fee to transfer it to him the same day I purchase the license for him?

I convert, install IPB Boards, and more! Check my shop here.
Three important things for your website

#4 steve00

steve00

Needs Serious Help

• +Clients
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:35 AM

I'd still have to pay for a fee to transfer it to him the same day I purchase the license for him?

As was mentioned .. you have to own the license for 6 months before you can transfer

Hello,

You can transfer an individual licence to a third party once you have owned it for 6 months.

==================================================================================

If you like my answer or it solves your question then please mark my reply as 'Like' or 'Best Answer' 

==================================================================================

Video Tutorials: Change Primary Nav Links - Import 3.4.x skin

World Clock Hook - Member's local time, and time in up to 6 cities around the world

Having trouble upgrading your skins, we can upgrade your IPB skins for you - PM me for further info.

My IPB 3.4.6 Skins: NEW BurningSky - Cobolt - Cerulean - ChritmasTime - Christmas - NOTE: ALL OUR 3.4.5 Skins work with 3.4.6 & require no changes

My IPB 3.4.5 Skins: GreenTheme - BlueSwirl - BlueWaveBlueToneRed Theme - RedBase - Red Glass - BluZone - AmplifiedBlue 

My IPB 3.4.4 Skins: RedBase - Red Glass - BluZone - AmplifiedBlue 

My IPB 3.4.3 Skins: RedBase - Red Glass - BluZone

My IPB 3.4.2 Skins: RedBase

My IPB 3.4.1 Skins (ONLY $10 EACH): Red GlassGoldenTheme - Scarletise - Purple Grain - GrimsonGrey - ViridisAureus - Red Devil - Carbonise

My IPB 3.3.4 Skins: Carbonise - Purple Grain - Blue Grain - Scarletise - CrimsonGrey - Red Devil - ViridisAureus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users