Sell tickets to events

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a niche group of users who throw events and are looking for a no hassle way of selling tickets online. what would be the process on setting up a ticket sales system so that they purchase and then get a ticket that they can print out?

CallieJo likes this

Posted

[quote name='Mynok' timestamp='1333132209' post='2248120']
I have a niche group of users who throw events and are looking for a no hassle way of selling tickets online. what would be the process on setting up a ticket sales system so that they purchase and then get a ticket that they can print out?

The best way I think you can do it is:

Design the ticket (high resolution for prints) zipped and upload it to your market and mark it as a paid file, so when people buy it they can then go and print it.

What do you think?

Posted

That would probably be too open to fraud, Luis. You'd likely need some sort of system that dynamically encodes information into the ticket as well. I get the feeling this is more something that should be done as a third party app with Nexus integration (Nexus is built so other IPB apps can use it to process payments for them rather easily)

Posted

[quote name='Kyanar' timestamp='1334439406' post='2254687']
That would probably be too open to fraud, Luis. You'd likely need some sort of system that dynamically encodes information into the ticket as well. I get the feeling this is more something that should be done as a third party app with Nexus integration (Nexus is built so other IPB apps can use it to process payments for them rather easily)

Tottaly agree, i did no t think about that.

A QR code could make the trick but as you said, there is a need of some sort of app that can dynamically creates customized qr code (regarding this example) for each buyers .