• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mynok

Mynok

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

I have a niche group of users who throw events and are looking for a no hassle way of selling tickets online. what would be the process on setting up a ticket sales system so that they purchase and then get a ticket that they can print out?
  • CallieJo likes this

#2 Luis_angel

Luis_angel

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

I have a niche group of users who throw events and are looking for a no hassle way of selling tickets online. what would be the process on setting up a ticket sales system so that they purchase and then get a ticket that they can print out?

The best way I think you can do it is:

Design the ticket (high resolution for prints) zipped and upload it to your market and mark it as a paid file, so when people buy it they can then go and print it.

What do you think?

#3 Kyanar

Kyanar

Let's say my yearly license expired in...

• +Clients
  • 5,189 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

That would probably be too open to fraud, Luis. You'd likely need some sort of system that dynamically encodes information into the ticket as well. I get the feeling this is more something that should be done as a third party app with Nexus integration (Nexus is built so other IPB apps can use it to process payments for them rather easily)
Mat / Fusion Digital Entertainment Limited
Our Website: http://www.fusiondigital.co.nz/
Our Forums: http://community.fusiondigital.co.nz/

Chronicle, the desktop time tracker for Windows • Fusion Menu, the leading navigation enhancement application for IP.Board • CommunityContact, the in development community newsletter application

#4 Luis_angel

Luis_angel

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

That would probably be too open to fraud, Luis. You'd likely need some sort of system that dynamically encodes information into the ticket as well. I get the feeling this is more something that should be done as a third party app with Nexus integration (Nexus is built so other IPB apps can use it to process payments for them rather easily)

Tottaly agree, i did no t think about that.

A QR code could make the trick but as you said, there is a need of some sort of app that can dynamically creates customized qr code (regarding this example) for each buyers .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users