• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ADKGamers

ADKGamers

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 884 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

After opening a support ticket Jason mentioned I should put my questions here as a suggestion for IP.Nexus

Currently the only shipping information (tracking number) that is given to the users is via Email. As Jason said, it's not very reliable. I was actually surprised to not find the information that I was looking for in the Client Area.

It would be nice to be able to see these things in the client area for my customers:
  • Shipping status (shipped, not shipped)
  • When it was shipped
  • Carrier it was shipped with
  • Tracking Number
I honestly thought this was in there and directed one customer to his client area, only to find out it wasn't there. And that's when I opened a ticket to ask the questions.

Another thing that I would like to see changed in the back end of IP.Nexus would be the ability to edit the tracking number after you marked it as "Shipped" For 2 of the items that I had shipped it looked as though it didn't save the tracking number, and now I can't add it to give to the members. Granted right now that doesn't matter since it's not in the Client Area and an email already was sent saying it had been shipped (without the tracking number). Unless it would resend another email with the "Updated" tracking number.

So these are my suggestions for IP.Nexus. I feel that they are quite simple and nothing that is obstructive in which website owners don't want to have to disable, etc. . I feel it's something that everyone will benefit from and as Jason said in the support response:

. . the more info you provide to customers, the happier they are. And, then, in return, the happier YOU are.

I look forward to hearing feedback about this not only from the other members of the community here, but developers as well.

Thanks
  • Mark, Hunting insects..., AlexJ and 2 others like this

adk_default.png

#2 Steven@wt

Steven@wt

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

^ Agreed.
  • ADKGamers likes this

#3 ADKGamers

ADKGamers

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 884 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

Glad to see one person agrees, but I thought there would be more people who liked the things I mentioned. Which could possibly get these things in a release coming up.

Are these things that most people don't like or don't care for?

adk_default.png

#4 Steven@wt

Steven@wt

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

Nobody replies to the stuff I suggest either. I think its just the nature of this forum. We can only hope development is watching, and also that this isnt a popularity contest where the threads with the most replies or likes are given more attention.
  • ADKGamers likes this

#5 Hunting insects...

Hunting insects...

Spam Happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Glad to see one person agrees...

Two at least which is why I 'Liked' your original post... and which I thought to be sufficient comment, ;)

Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space
Because there's bugger-all down here on Earth.

ip-forum & ip Web Shop

eBay shop

#6 ADKGamers

ADKGamers

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 884 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

Two at least which is why I 'Liked' your original post... and which I thought to be sufficient comment, ;)

Oops I apologize! Totally forget to look at the "Likes" sometimes. :X

So make that 3 people then! :D

adk_default.png

#7 ADKGamers

ADKGamers

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 884 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

Since I can't edit my first post.

Separate Shipping/Billing Addresses
  • Marcher Technologies likes this

adk_default.png

#8 Mark

Mark

I dropped the "iggy"

• IPS Staff
  • 8,352 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

Nobody replies to the stuff I suggest either. I think its just the nature of this forum. We can only hope development is watching, and also that this isnt a popularity contest where the threads with the most replies or likes are given more attention.

We're watching, and I think it's a great idea :)
  • Steven@wt likes this

Mark Wade
Developer

zce-php5-3-logo.gif php5-zce-logo-new.gif

#9 ADKGamers

ADKGamers

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 884 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

and also that this isnt a popularity contest where the threads with the most replies or likes are given more attention.

That's not what I was going for, but a matter of people agreeing or disagreeing with my suggestions. I mean I wouldn't want IPB to change something in an app release JUST for one or 2 people.

adk_default.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users