#21 Wolfie

Wolfie

Don't get mad, get N*Raged!

• +Clients
  • 12,501 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

And CDN?

CDN.. Can Do Nothing. :P

:tongue: this simply cannot work well for all involved is my only real point.... I have no use for it, but I'm sane(?) and simply copy the image over if its that ungodly important for something in the front-end.

Benefit would be to avoid having to do that if the image already exists instead of duplicating it.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ Click here to browse or purchase IPS software. ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
n-raged.com
- Dacity.Com

♪ Me and you ♪
♪ a two-man crew ♪
♪ side by side we're unified ♪
♪ and we will never be divided ♪

Spoiler

CLICK HERE AND VOTE IP.BOARD AS BEST FORUM SOFTWARE FOR 2013!!!

#22 Marcher Technologies

Marcher Technologies

$life=FALSE;$code=TRUE;$time--;

• +Clients
  • 11,748 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

CDN.. Can Do Nothing. :tongue:

Benefit would be to avoid having to do that if the image already exists instead of duplicating it.

You just named the drawback.... IPB Owners could no longer reliably depend on being able to push static images for front-end use through any CDN....
Considering a CDN is in use here.... need I really say more?

#23 Wolfie

Wolfie

Don't get mad, get N*Raged!

• +Clients
  • 12,501 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

You just named the drawback.... IPB Owners could no longer reliably depend on being able to push static images for front-end use through any CDN.

I was toying with what CDN stands for. Not only that but I was saying that CDN can do nothing.

Why are you so determined to derail this suggestion anyway?

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ Click here to browse or purchase IPS software. ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
n-raged.com
- Dacity.Com

♪ Me and you ♪
♪ a two-man crew ♪
♪ side by side we're unified ♪
♪ and we will never be divided ♪

Spoiler

CLICK HERE AND VOTE IP.BOARD AS BEST FORUM SOFTWARE FOR 2013!!!

#24 Marcher Technologies

Marcher Technologies

$life=FALSE;$code=TRUE;$time--;

• +Clients
  • 11,748 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

I was toying with what CDN stands for. Not only that but I was saying that CDN can do nothing.

Why are you so determined to derail this suggestion anyway?

Because it stands as a cry against the entire MVC concept.... and developing on IPB.... it is directly against the entire principle of the ACP being separated from the front-end.... and the skin system.
Not gonna Lie or mince words, take it or leave it.... I'll leave your topic alone then.

#25 Michael

Michael

Meet Jay

• +Clients
  • 19,587 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

What's the ultimate goal here, Wolfie? I was under the assumption this would be for something you'd be creating as an addon. There shouldn't be any need for the core product to be able to do this: the public side only needs to refer to public images, and the admin side has its own images and public-side images it can access safely.

Is it just that there are images that are currently in the admin folders that you'd like to use somehow on the public side? If you can explain what the need is, it would help with coming up with solutions.

Contact Me: Email · Facebook · Twitter · Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users