File authors should be notified of reviews for their own files that they follow.

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Sometimes the reviews may relate to important issues or queries, which could be resolved or clarified more quickly if the author is notified. I realize that the IPS Marketplace isn't intended for such, but IPS members seem to use it for such anyway, and in any case it could help on other sites.

Posted

Actually, just tested and it looks like this is actually the case with IPD ... but for some reason it doesn't seem to be enabled/functional here at IPS.

Posted

It happens here because all comments are moderated. I too don't get these notifications. They only occur when the comment is made by someone whose comments aren't moderated (staff or a Marketplace Mod).

I filed a bug report about this a while back, but it's probably not going anywhere: http://community.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-35718-not-getting-notified-of-new-comments-on-content-i-follow/

Posted

[quote name='Michael' timestamp='1335290306' post='2259192']
It happens here because all comments are moderated. I too don't get these notifications. They only occur when the comment is made by someone whose comments aren't moderated (staff or a Marketplace Mod).

I filed a bug report about this a while back, but it's probably not going anywhere: http://community.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-35718-not-getting-notified-of-new-comments-on-content-i-follow/

Definitely looks like a bug, and that also seems to happen with moderated IP.Board posts.