Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Best Statement & Template Tricks

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I know a lot of IP.Board license owners struggle with customization with their board and usually tend to stick to modifications, never going deep enough into the skin and mods to perhaps try to learn a thing or too.. For a large number of years, I've been using IP.Board and it's language statements within templates and IP.Content including blocks to manipulate it with my custom code and content. :frantics:

For example:

If Group Statement - Allows you to customize your content and show it the groups requested by Group ID.

If Application Statement - Allows you to customize your content and make it only display when user is visiting an Application.

If Member Statement - Allows you to customize your content for members who are logged in or logged out.

Parse Templates - Allows you to use your custom templates in your Skin and organize your Content better so when you upgrade in the future, it doesn't get affected.

OxyFuse, Elly, BomAle and 3 others like this

Posted

I am also a big fan of skin changes like this so bravo for this topic and thanks for the articles; I will bookmark that for future usage. One thing I am delighted with is the fact that we now have the IP.Content Custom Navigation Menu, before that I had chunks of codes for dropdowns and checking if people were in the correct groups to view it which became a little bit of a headache

Posted

[quote name='PSNation' timestamp='1334158043' post='2253015']
I am also a big fan of skin changes like this so bravo for this topic and thanks for the articles; I will bookmark that for future usage. One thing I am delighted with is the fact that we now have the IP.Content Custom Navigation Menu, before that I had chunks of codes for dropdowns and checking if people were in the correct groups to view it which became a little bit of a headache

Same here, I used to have so many statements for my primary navigation, grouping it into custom Templates and parsing them. Now, thanks to the new Content, all of that is not needed anymore! ^^

Posted

.... ive been using ipsRegistry::$current_module and ipsRegistry::$current_section to further nail the hog as it were, along with ipsRegistry::$request['f'], ['t'], ['database'], ['category']...
and the whole of ccsFunctions when necessary.... You can get pretty darn picky about it. :tongue:
Heres a Good One.

assuming you have ccsFunctions available, that's always always always going to the the current content pages root url.... good to check against if needed... or just reuse :tongue:.

{$this->registry->ccsFunctions->returnPageUrl( array('page_seo_name' => $this->registry->ccsFunctions->getPageName(), 'page_folder' => $this->registry->ccsFunctions->getFolder(), 'page_id' => '0' ))}

Nevo, OxyFuse and BomAle like this

Posted

I myself downloaded free templates and custmize them by editing all the html code in note pad. :D