• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

• +Clients
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

I know a lot of IP.Board license owners struggle with customization with their board and usually tend to stick to modifications, never going deep enough into the skin and mods to perhaps try to learn a thing or too.. For a large number of years, I've been using IP.Board and it's language statements within templates and IP.Content including blocks to manipulate it with my custom code and content. :frantics:

For example:

If Group Statement - Allows you to customize your content and show it the groups requested by Group ID.

If Application Statement - Allows you to customize your content and make it only display when user is visiting an Application.

If Member Statement - Allows you to customize your content for members who are logged in or logged out.

Parse Templates - Allows you to use your custom templates in your Skin and organize your Content better so when you upgrade in the future, it doesn't get affected.
  • Elly, OxyFuse, CallieJo and 3 others like this

Did you like my Post? Did I Help you anyway with the contents of my Post? Well Than...

Please say Thank you by Pressing the Button on the right side of the my Post:  gallery_146014_1635_618.png

#2 PSNation

PSNation

The Boss

• +Clients
  • 668 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

I am also a big fan of skin changes like this so bravo for this topic and thanks for the articles; I will bookmark that for future usage. One thing I am delighted with is the fact that we now have the IP.Content Custom Navigation Menu, before that I had chunks of codes for dropdowns and checking if people were in the correct groups to view it which became a little bit of a headache

Posted Image

#3 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

• +Clients
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

I am also a big fan of skin changes like this so bravo for this topic and thanks for the articles; I will bookmark that for future usage. One thing I am delighted with is the fact that we now have the IP.Content Custom Navigation Menu, before that I had chunks of codes for dropdowns and checking if people were in the correct groups to view it which became a little bit of a headache

Same here, I used to have so many statements for my primary navigation, grouping it into custom Templates and parsing them. Now, thanks to the new Content, all of that is not needed anymore! ^^

Did you like my Post? Did I Help you anyway with the contents of my Post? Well Than...

Please say Thank you by Pressing the Button on the right side of the my Post:  gallery_146014_1635_618.png

#4 Rimi

Rimi

Strip Me

• +Clients
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

I would use IPSMember::isInGroup for the If Group Statement.
  • Marcher Technologies likes this

#5 Marcher Technologies

Marcher Technologies

$life=FALSE;$code=TRUE;$time--;

• +Clients
  • 11,762 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

.... ive been using ipsRegistry::$current_module and ipsRegistry::$current_section to further nail the hog as it were, along with ipsRegistry::$request['f'], ['t'], ['database'], ['category']...
and the whole of ccsFunctions when necessary.... You can get pretty darn picky about it. :tongue:
Heres a Good One.
{$this->registry->ccsFunctions->returnPageUrl( array('page_seo_name' => $this->registry->ccsFunctions->getPageName(), 'page_folder' => $this->registry->ccsFunctions->getFolder(), 'page_id' => '0' ))}
assuming you have ccsFunctions available, that's always always always going to the the current content pages root url.... good to check against if needed... or just reuse :tongue:.
  • Nevo and OxyFuse like this

#6 ralphmark

ralphmark

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

I myself downloaded free templates and custmize them by editing all the html code in note pad. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users