maybe you could give us a change log?
Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:40 AM
I don't like having my time wasted.
I want to know what has changed so I know whether it is worth the hours of uploading and upgrading.
I would have thought a change log is pretty standard practice but i can't seem to locate one on your links.
Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:43 AM
- DB Checker - rss_import_inc_pcount
- ACP Type Error
- Search dropdown width
- Anonymous users not marked with asterisk in topics (3.3.0)
- Hover Card: Blog icon is missing
- tags, title, urlencoded.
- Member delete fails with large inline_notification table...
- Notification Center
- ACP Importing Modules
- Upgraded, but it still tells me there is a new version available
- mobile mark all as read
- Mobile edit button
- The URL should be decoded when presented by being parsed automatically
- Long links on mobile extend width
- Spam Monitoring Service Error issue persists in 3.3.0
- Group Moderators cannot view warn notes.
- Deleted topics still show to those without permission
- ModCP and "find Posts"
- Multi Moderation - Topic Title Prefix - HTML Issue.
- HTML Whoops
- Insert special bbcode on marked text puts in html
- $this->settings not available in raw PHP for settings.
- Personal Messenger - Edit
- Upgraded from 2.3.5 to 3.3,
- Warn List Pagination
- Group prefix/tag settings overwritten
- Compare differences in skin editor
- Line breaks not preserved on multi moderation posting
- Guest commenting for db records
- Commenting from mobile skin
- Pagination for warn logs off
- Support Request Hook - Admincp Links Breaking
- Removing a quote from a reply leaves an unclosed/unopened BBCode.
- Quoting - not parsing formatting
- Changing the editor type in a separate window "crashes" post parsing
- Mobile Skin Detection Issues
- Mobile skin not automatically working
- Messenger error
- Meta Tag URL's with Query Strings.
- Thumbnail won't be generated if "Show thumbnail of attached image" is No.
- Quote notification
- Warn notification in ACP
- Archived Topic: "Who Posted"
- Sub-forum commas
- Warning limit check
- Super Moderators cannot issue warnings to user
- Warning point action level
- Change Theme from topic
- PMs on mobile skin
- Lists not working in PMs
- BAD_NOTIFY_KEY When Issuing Warning
- Set Output Format
- document.write in ad code integration
- language bit error
- Edit hook Warning
- Copyright removal gets reset
- Warn Logs Manager
- AdminCP Live Search Not Working
- Sphinx Error on index for forums_search_archive_main
- Likes Tab Fatal Error
- Empty /cache/tmp folder from time to time
- Invalid "Requirements" in Status Updates Hook File
- Moderator editing Admin on ModeratorCP
- Cookie Based Item Markers Not Working.
- Warning Notification
- Reputation being left twice
- Search issue and flood control
- ACP auto redirect
- Most liked content takes too long to load
- Sphinx search dies with PHP error.
- Moderating Team Page Fatal Error
- Mobile skin - wrong lang string
- Visible Modules
- PMs out of order
- rebuild reputation count
- Post Rep Count Shows 0
- Archived topics previews
- Archived posts and attachments
- reputation_forums::process() not checking parse options
- Recounting post counts does not include archived threads
- Resynch forums causes counts to go off
- Linking long strings is shortening the text
- Signature formatting
- Pagination adjustments
- Todays Top Posters - Not Showing Self
- ACP only shows 10 archived topics
- Deleted topic show on index but not in forum
- Moderator Control Panel - "Report Center" has a different menu
- Tabbing doens't work
- Spaces added in code tag
- Warning a member the reason dropdown runs multiple ajax requests
- unban member using wrong language string
- Spam with no display name
- TAB on reply/new topic
- iPad Quoting
- Using API changes time zone in external php scripts
- Emoticon 'show all' sorting not applied
- Database Checker Failing
- Database index checker and primary keys
- small verbiage bug
- Lightbox disabled, cant click to be taken to large image
- Rebuild post content remove break from post content
- No last poster/poster info in forum with only archived posts
- Subscriptions redirects to Nexus even if Nexus isn't installed
- FAO Matt: Force full skin bug
- [Bug Request] Improve convertAccents method. <Patch attached>
- Empty auto saved content
- http badly parsed in post
- board index collapse bug in chrome
- "and xx other users"
- Announcements + HTML
- Archived topics produce 2x more queries than regular ones
- Remove users setting inoperative
- Editor isHtml not fully working
- "Disable Prefix Ability" group setting backwards
- Facebook Share Button - Hardcoded Language
- No Options for Post Moderation
Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:09 AM
Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:44 AM
Is there a reason the announcement doesn't include any details? vBulletin (who we also use) are good at showing what's new or changed.
Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:48 AM
As someone mentioned earlier, it might be an idea (in the forum announcement topic at least) to mention the major bug fixes? I went to Tracker, but couldn't really work out how to get that view.
Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:36 PM
As for skin changes, you can always use the Template Merge Center to find changes and apply them to your skins:
Contact Me: Email · Facebook · Twitter · Google+
Follow Invision Focus: On Facebook · On Twitter
Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:31 PM
Is there a reason IPB doesn't provide a list of style changes and an easy to find list of the bugs they squashed? Seems odd for a company that is otherwise good at communication
As a general rule, most users don't care to see a giant list of bug fixes. The ability, however, to generate this yourself is available in the Tracker for those who are interested (see Michael's reply).
Developer / Senior Support
If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!
Invision Power Services, Inc.
Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:40 PM
Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:57 PM
I very much vote for IPS were provide changelogs of their newly announced products, I think they are useful to most of us. Once provided by the IPS team, it would save time to hundreds or thousands of admins who have to do the same in the Tracker.
Don't count me in with the "hundreds of thousands." If it's a maintenance release, it's for me.
Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:09 AM
At present each time there are maintenance releases I have to go to the Tracker and run the filter query to learn what are the fixes or to be lucky when some good soul makes the same and posts it to the forum for others (like the 2nd post of this thread). I think the list of changes or fixes or a link to such a list would be the little thing which would make it easier for 'many' of us
- biglobster likes this
Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:26 AM
Why not just include a list (or even a link to the query) that shows you what has changed in the maintenance release? It seems to be quite a popular idea and doesn't take much time - do it once and everyone benefits - or don't do it and everyone has to. If you get what I mean
Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:59 AM
drupal did this and so when upgrading you could just look at each directory and compare the file dates to see which files needed replacing
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users