Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

LinkedIn Authorization (Login/Registration) A Must

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey,

I'm looking at IPB but would require LinkedIn Authorization for accounts to work alongside Facebook and Twitter. It appears this is not part of IPB at the moment so I'd need to get a plugin. How much would it be likely to cost and how long would it take for a plugin like this to be created?

Cheers,
Jack Clarke

Posted

This is an important plugin to have...

Posted

I'd also be interested in this.

Posted

[quote name='bfarber' timestamp='1334583386' post='2255557'] Your best option would be to contact someone in the custom services directory for a quote.
Thanks that's just what I was after - I couldn't find a list of developers anywhere and obviously I just wasn't looking in the right place.

Posted

[quote name='bfarber' timestamp='1334583386' post='2255557']
Your best option would be to contact someone in the custom services directory for a quote.

This feature has been requested since the 26th of June 2011 source: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/340338-linkedin-connect/page__hl__linkedin. Whilst I understand that that IPS cannot incorporate every social network, could you perhaps explain to me why there are login methods for facebook and twitter, and not for lInkedin? Considering that the aforementioned social networks constitute of different but significant demographics that populate each social network?

Thank you for your input.

Posted

We base our software decisions largely on feedback from the community. Demand for a "LinkedIn" login method has been extremely low, thus we have not put our development resources into it to date. On the other hand, demand for Facebook and Twitter login methods was very high, and as such we implemented them.

mistera, Markus Lassfolk and AndyF like this

Posted

That is a logical explanation, thank you for your reply.

Posted

I'd love a Linked In integration feature!

Kind regards,

Stuart