• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rimi

Rimi

Strip Me

• +Clients
  • 6,081 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

I really don't think this was well thought out at all. We have an album with lots of images..but off to the side is a 380 pixel sidebar that seems to serve no other purpose than to display sub albums. In my opinion albums should be focused on the images and when we don't even have any sub albums this display takes a lot of focus away from the images. Just move the subalbums beneath the pictures or something..or make the sidebar smaller. Yeah, I know how to do it myself, I'm just giving feedback on how to make it better for everyone.

#2 Rimi

Rimi

Strip Me

• +Clients
  • 6,081 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

Yeah, this view looks much better when there are sub albums and comments. But when there aren't it just makes everything look so empty. Actually it might just be the size of the sidebar that I'm having issues with..I just noticed something.

For an album in album only mode you're using ipsLayout_largeright. But for a regular album you're using ipsLayout_hugeright. Why the inconsistency? It looks a lot better with the former..I would also suggest again that if there are no sub albums then the sidebar just be removed entirely and that little rss icon with the image and comment counts be moved elsewhere (even if the sidebar is there).

#3 3DKiwi

3DKiwi

IPB regular

• +Clients
  • 5,077 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

I'm happy with the sub albums being listed in the sidebar. I think what would be useful is a switch on the page so that people can collapse this.

What really annoys me is the very small size of recently uploaded images on the main gallery portal page. These should be where the recently updated albums are the recently updated albums should be in the sidebar.

3DKiwi
C4D Cafe My IPB powered web site.

#4 Rimi

Rimi

Strip Me

• +Clients
  • 6,081 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

I'm happy with the sub albums being listed in the sidebar. I think what would be useful is a switch on the page so that people can collapse this.

What really annoys me is the very small size of recently uploaded images on the main gallery portal page. These should be where the recently updated albums are the recently updated albums should be in the sidebar.

3DKiwi

Definitely agreed. I think images are more important than albums.

Also it seems like the mobile view is the best view for the gallery. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users