#21 newbie LAC

newbie LAC

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 944 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

Hi,

We are using v 3.4.4 and I cannot find anyway to do either:

1. Remove the "Note for Moderators" - or edit these (is it possible to add a comment?)
  2. Remove warning points
  3. Remove a 'Recent Warning' from the Recent Warnings list in the Mod Control Panel

One of our mods recently accidentally warned the wrong member.  So they are now appearing in the list of 'Recent Warnings'.

I have removed the posting restrictions ok, but cannot work out how to remove the warn point, the 'Note for Moderators' (because it doesn't actually apply to this member so is giving incorrect info!) and get it out of that list (as the fact that the member is appearing in this list at all is wrong.

I have been through everything in this topic, and in a couple of others as well, and am totally stumped!

Hello,

Maybe http://community.inv...arning-history/

<<<Have a nice day>>>

#22 media

media

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 945 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

Actually 3.4.5 has an option under member account to remove the moderator control...check it out or upgrade :)

:smile:

#23 z929669

z929669

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:59 AM

All I have to say is that this thread should not even exist. The warning system in IPB is ridiculously limited, and free alternatives are far more evolved in this area. Restoring a member to a warning status that preceded an accidental warning is unbelievably convoluted and incomplete. I have spent 30 minutes looking for a solution only to find a pay-for plugin that does what the software should do inherently.

That is nonsense. how can I expect my moderators to use this warning system? The answer is that I cannot really. This is an admin-maintenance nightmare.

#24 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,684 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:16 AM

Our 5th entry on moderation improvements for 4.0 is all about Warnings.  I recommend following our blog to be notified when it is published so you can learn more about changes coming in 4.0 related to the warning system.

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

#25 z929669

z929669

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:43 AM

Thanks for the info. Any improvement will be very welcome.

#26 Neil2

Neil2

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

All I have to say is that this thread should not even exist. The warning system in IPB is ridiculously limited, and free alternatives are far more evolved in this area. Restoring a member to a warning status that preceded an accidental warning is unbelievably convoluted and incomplete. I have spent 30 minutes looking for a solution only to find a pay-for plugin that does what the software should do inherently.

That is nonsense. how can I expect my moderators to use this warning system? The answer is that I cannot really. This is an admin-maintenance nightmare.

Yep but IPB thinks there is nothing wrong with the warning system and it functions like it should be.

The unicorn 4.0 is going to have the fix "so they say", this is going to be the biggest thing since pocket on a t-shirt I tell ya.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed
Second Amendment to the US Constitution December 15th 1791

#27 Morgin

Morgin

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

Yep but IPB thinks there is nothing wrong with the warning system and it functions like it should be.
The unicorn 4.0 is going to have the fix "so they say", this is going to be the biggest thing since pocket on a t-shirt I tell ya.

Since Invision staff are far too polite to ever say this directly, I'll do it. Tone down the victim woe is me invision doesn't understand crap. I'm not that much of a regular to these forums and somehow you've stood out as being super annoying in how you address grievances in multiple threads. Attitude goes a long way, and when the community works together productively, we actually can help invision improve the product based on how we end up using it. Your attitude sucks and doesn't help this cause at all.
  • AlbusDumbledore and stoo2000 like this

#28 Neil2

Neil2

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

Since Invision staff are far too polite to ever say this directly, I'll do it. Tone down the victim woe is me invision doesn't understand crap. I'm not that much of a regular to these forums and somehow you've stood out as being super annoying in how you address grievances in multiple threads. Attitude goes a long way, and when the community works together productively, we actually can help invision improve the product based on how we end up using it. Your attitude sucks and doesn't help this cause at all.

Not acting like a victim, just stating the facts. If you do not want to read it just move along.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed
Second Amendment to the US Constitution December 15th 1791

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users