• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 mrangelo

mrangelo

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

i Want that the moderators of my community can't make a hard delete, in other words the ability to remove the permission to access the "Removed Content" tab in the Moderator CP.

thanks in advance :-)
  • Misi, nrep and sara95 like this

#2 Aiwa

Aiwa

I code for fun

• +Clients
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

You can set this up yourself with a quick template edit...

In the if statement that shows you deleted content... add in the below based on how you want it to work...

If you only want members that can access the ACP...
$memberData['g_access_cp'] == 1

If you only want members of a specific group or groups
$memberData['member_group_id'] == 4 (or whatever other group ID's you want.)
  • Cheapy likes this

My Files and Support: aiwa.me

Have a gaming community?           Need Nexus Add-ons?                    Security

-Steam Profile Integration         -Automatic Ticket Creator              -Force password Reset

-Battlefield 4 Profile Integration -No Renewals (Sell trial memberships!) 

-Support Request Menu

#3 Con

Con

XR3X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

Just don't make them Super Moderators, and then select which moderation abilities they should have, which would exclude hard deletion.
sig.png

#4 B.Money

B.Money

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 365 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

I am looking for this also. Can only seem to find options to allow them to delete their OWN posts. Is adding the code mentioned above the only way to go about this?

#5 superi

superi

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

I have also wondered why this is not possible.

#6 Mark H

Mark H

Gramps

• IPS Staff
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

You can accomplish what you want by first un-checking the setting that makes the Moderator group be Super-Moderators, and saving the group.

Then you go to the ACP -> Forums page. Use the check boxes to the right of each forum, to choose the forums you want them to be able to moderate, then add the "Moderators" Group with the controls at the bottom. The next page will have the fully configurable options for post/topic control, including soft or hard delete.

#7 d33j4y

d33j4y

IPB Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

You can accomplish what you want by first un-checking the setting that makes the Moderator group be Super-Moderators, and saving the group.

Then you go to the ACP -> Forums page. Use the check boxes to the right of each forum, to choose the forums you want them to be able to moderate, then add the "Moderators" Group with the controls at the bottom. The next page will have the fully configurable options for post/topic control, including soft or hard delete.

I did everything mentioned above but still moderators have access to permanently delete topics and there is no specifying hard delete or soft delete options!?!

Posted Image

#8 AndyMillne

AndyMillne

Needs Serious Help

• IPS Staff
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

I did everything mentioned above but still moderators have access to permanently delete topics and there is no specifying hard delete or soft delete options!?!

If you've taken the steps as mentioned by Mark H this should indeed be possible. Please feel free to submit a ticket if you require assistance.

• Aiwa likes this

#9 Alfa1

Alfa1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

I do not want any of my staff to be able to hard delete. No moderators. No supermoderators. I see no reason to give anyone functions to destroy data.

It would be very useful to have a setting like in vbulletin to allow a usergroup to soft or hard delete.

Please add such function out of the box.

• Misi and avro like this

#10 AndyMillne

AndyMillne

Needs Serious Help

• IPS Staff
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

As mentioned, this is already a feature.

#11 Aiwa

Aiwa

I code for fun

• +Clients
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

To clarify, super moderators are front end admins they have full permission but can't access the ACP. If you want to create restricted 'super' moderators... Create a new group. Go to the forum list in the ACP and select all of them. Add your new group as moderators to those forums and give them as much or little permission as possible. All you have to do to make someone a moderator now is to move them to the new group primary or secondary. Doesn't matter.

Have a gaming community?           Need Nexus Add-ons?                    Security

-Steam Profile Integration         -Automatic Ticket Creator              -Force password Reset

-Support Request Menu

#12 Misi

Misi

Spam is good!

• +Clients
  • 718 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

As mentioned, this is already a feature.

"You can accomplish what you want by first un-checking the setting that makes the Moderator group be Super-Moderators, and saving the group."

The request is that some of the  moderators not to be able to hard delete posts.

Permission for Moderator1: Able to hard delete posts

Permission for Moderator2: Not to be able to hard delete posts

Permission for Super Moderator1: Able to hard delete posts

Permission for Super Moderator2: Not to be able to hard delete posts

This signature is not a signature!

#13 Aiwa

Aiwa

I code for fun

• +Clients
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Why does the second set have to be super moderator? If you don't want them to hard delete, they aren't super moderators. Think of the super moderator check box this way if yes: you get all perms, if no: I have to give the group perms per forum.

Edited by Aiwa, 23 October 2012 - 04:41 PM.

-Support Request Menu

#14 Misi

Misi

Spam is good!

• +Clients
  • 718 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

Why does the second set have to be super moderator? If you don't want them to hard delete, they aren't super moderators.

Because I do trust my Admins and Super Moderators,but I do not trust them not to make mistakes.

It's impossible to bring back hard deleted posts.

#15 Aiwa

Aiwa

I code for fun

• +Clients
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

If you don't want them to hard delete, they aren't super moderators.

-Support Request Menu

#16 Misi

Misi

Spam is good!

• +Clients
  • 718 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

If you don't want them to hard delete, they aren't super moderators.

And if I do not want some of my admins to hard delete they are not admins?

They are.

Admin group: Can hard delete

Super Moderator group: Can hard delete

Individual restricton for User123 who is in the Admin group: Cannot hard delete

(BTW that is my brother who is begging me to do that because of an earlier mistake)

#17 Aiwa

Aiwa

I code for fun

• +Clients
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

Your argument isn't valid. You can give users ACP access but not moderator permissions. Simply uncheck super mod and restrict their individual forum permissions so they can't hard delete.

-Support Request Menu

#18 avro

avro

IPB Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

To clarify, super moderators are front end admins they have full permission but can't access the ACP. If you want to create restricted 'super' moderators... Create a new group. Go to the forum list in the ACP and select all of them. Add your new group as moderators to those forums and give them as much or little permission as possible. All you have to do to make someone a moderator now is to move them to the new group primary or secondary. Doesn't matter.

Will the restricted group still have access to the modcp?

Please take a look at the features I would like to see in Gallery 5.1

#19 Aiwa

Aiwa

I code for fun

• +Clients
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Will the restricted group still have access to the modcp?

Yes, but they will only see content they are allowed to moderate.

-Support Request Menu

#20 Alfa1

Alfa1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

I have 400 subforums, 200 gallery categories, 150 downloads categories, 10 social group categories, 100 blog categories, . My supermoderators have moderating powers over all of these, but they can not hard delete.

Do I understand it correctly that if I want to do the same in IPS, I need to set this in each subforum/category setting individually?

AFAIK the difference between a moderator and a supermoderator is that a supermoderator has global powers while a moderator has forum specific powers. It seems this is different for IPS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users