IP.Nexus as an affiliate store (amazon, cafepress, clickbank, google, CJ, etc.

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Although there are a very large number of suggestion threads on the topic, I did not find a suggestion topic that covers it completely:

Make IP.Nexus an affiliate store. For webmasters it would be an easy method of generating income, if IP.Nexus would allow us to sell any affiliate product, weather its amazon book, cafepress or zazzle t-shirts, products from Google Affiliate Network, Clickbank, Commision Junctions.

Basically the idea of the these affiliate networks is all the same: the networks provides a feed, which can be used to load products, description, image, price into the store.
The store displays the products, customers can order those products, the affiliate vendor will ship the goods and the webmaster gains a commission.
It would be very attractive if IP.Nexus would cater to this and it would be easy for webmasters to make money on IP.N.

Optimally users would be able to post reviews of the product.

Posted

I had this idea too few days ago

Maxxius likes this

Posted

That's actually a fantastic idea.

I know most of the affiliate networks work using link-based referral ID's, so even if an actual feed of the item isn't realized some sort of simple redirect with the webmaster's ID (integrated with Nexus) would work well for most people.

Maxxius likes this

Posted

The store displays the products, customers can order those products, the affiliate vendor will ship the goods and the webmaster gains a commission.

ie, items display in Nexus, but the actual 'work' of packaging/shipping the product falls on the source company (for example, Amazon)? If so, I'm definitely for that.

Thinking on it though, I'm sure that's more of less already possible, just a matter of using a custom php script to communicate with the source company to say what was purchased, where it goes to and what shipping method, etc.

Posted

I got one of these licenses a year ago
http://www.freshstorebuilder.com

Nice thing about this is you can use it across all your domains with one license.. Slick set-up too. Be hard to talk me out of that over a single site license not to mention the options.

Posted

Not sure about Nexus but obviouly can do it with IP.Content easily enough (as per my site)

Posted

ie, items display in Nexus, but the actual 'work' of packaging/shipping the product falls on the source company (for example, Amazon)? If so, I'm definitely for that.

Yes, this is what I mean. Affiliate networks allow webmasters to generate income, while the affiliate networks handle the business side of things and pays a commission to the webmaster.

Posted

+1

Posted

+1

That might not be a bad idea, everyone should help make the decision. :lol:

Posted

I was looking for a way to add Cafepress items into the store. Really which their were such a plugin that allows for us to sell other items than needing to stock the items and ship them.

Posted

So I was looking around for a way to do some promo gear integration into Nexus and came across this topic.

Sadly, I still don't think this is possible.

Did anyone come up with ways to integrate various affiliate stores with their sites, either via Nexus or some other uniform storefront application?

I do have Nexus, but given this lack of functionality I'd sooner get the convenience of a dropship service and affiliate storefront handling merchandise for me.

I'll add that I already integrated an Amazon aStore into my site, but I don't want to create a bunch of various affiliate storefronts if there is a better integration for them, either through Nexus or some other third party application.

Furthermore, I'd like to have custom merchandise, i.e. logo oriented gear like t-shirts, hats, etc...ala Cafepress or the like.

Powerboat likes this

Posted

If you find a way, let us know :)

Powerboat likes this

Posted

So I was looking around for a way to do some promo gear integration into Nexus and came across this topic.

Sadly, I still don't think this is possible.

Did anyone come up with ways to integrate various affiliate stores with their sites, either via Nexus or some other uniform storefront application?

I do have Nexus, but given this lack of functionality I'd sooner get the convenience of a dropship service and affiliate storefront handling merchandise for me.

I'll add that I already integrated an Amazon aStore into my site, but I don't want to create a bunch of various affiliate storefronts if there is a better integration for them, either through Nexus or some other third party application.

Furthermore, I'd like to have custom merchandise, i.e. logo oriented gear like t-shirts, hats, etc...ala Cafepress or the like.

Hi there!

Was it difficult to integrate the A Store into your site?

How did you do it?

Kind regards,

Stuart

Posted

Well the integration was just really embedding it, not interfacing it with Nexus. Sorry if that was a bit misleading.

So right now I'm managing my Nexus storefront and the aStore as two separate stores, but the aStore is embedded and wrapped by IPB (ala an iframe I believe) so it has the look and feel of my IPS skin (customized it to match in the aStore setup on Amazon).

Posted

definitely agree! would be an awesome thing.

Posted

IP.Nexus as an affliate Store... I will definitely purchase IP.Nexus if such functionality made available in future.

Powerboat likes this

Posted

IP.Nexus as an affliate Store... I will definitely purchase IP.Nexus if such functionality made available in future.

Same