Photo

IP.Nexus as an affiliate store (amazon, cafepress, clickbank, google, CJ, etc.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Alfa1

Alfa1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Although there are a very large number of suggestion threads on the topic, I did not find a suggestion topic that covers it completely:

Make IP.Nexus an affiliate store. For webmasters it would be an easy method of generating income, if IP.Nexus would allow us to sell any affiliate product, weather its amazon book, cafepress or zazzle t-shirts, products from Google Affiliate Network, Clickbank, Commision Junctions.

Basically the idea of the these affiliate networks is all the same: the networks provides a feed, which can be used to load products, description, image, price into the store.
The store displays the products, customers can order those products, the affiliate vendor will ship the goods and the webmaster gains a commission.
It would be very attractive if IP.Nexus would cater to this and it would be easy for webmasters to make money on IP.N.

Optimally users would be able to post reviews of the product.
  • CheersnGears, IPB Bob, PersonalMode and 13 others like this

#2 PersonalMode

PersonalMode

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

I had this idea too few days ago
  • Maxxius likes this

#3 Traaginen

Traaginen

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

That's actually a fantastic idea.

I know most of the affiliate networks work using link-based referral ID's, so even if an actual feed of the item isn't realized some sort of simple redirect with the webmaster's ID (integrated with Nexus) would work well for most people.
  • Maxxius likes this

#4 CheersnGears

CheersnGears

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 576 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

+1 vote on this

#5 Wolfie

Wolfie

Don't get mad, get N*Raged!

• +Clients
  • 12,501 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

The store displays the products, customers can order those products, the affiliate vendor will ship the goods and the webmaster gains a commission.

ie, items display in Nexus, but the actual 'work' of packaging/shipping the product falls on the source company (for example, Amazon)? If so, I'm definitely for that.

Thinking on it though, I'm sure that's more of less already possible, just a matter of using a custom php script to communicate with the source company to say what was purchased, where it goes to and what shipping method, etc.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ Click here to browse or purchase IPS software. ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
n-raged.com
- Dacity.Com

♪ Me and you ♪
♪ a two-man crew ♪
♪ side by side we're unified ♪
♪ and we will never be divided ♪

Spoiler

CLICK HERE AND VOTE IP.BOARD AS BEST FORUM SOFTWARE FOR 2013!!!

#6 csm

csm

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 653 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

I got one of these licenses a year ago
http://www.freshstorebuilder.com

Nice thing about this is you can use it across all your domains with one license.. Slick set-up too. Be hard to talk me out of that over a single site license not to mention the options.

#7 steve00

steve00

Needs Serious Help

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

Not sure about Nexus but obviouly can do it with IP.Content easily enough (as per my site)

==================================================================================

If you like my answer or it solves your question then please mark my reply as 'Like' or 'Best Answer' 

==================================================================================

Video Tutorials: Change Primary Nav Links - Import 3.4.x skin

World Clock Hook - Member's local time, and time in up to 6 cities around the world

Having trouble upgrading your skins, we can upgrade your IPB skins for you - PM me for further info.

My IPB 3.4.6 Skins: NEW BurningSky - Cobolt - Cerulean - ChritmasTime - Christmas - NOTE: ALL OUR 3.4.5 Skins work with 3.4.6 & require no changes

My IPB 3.4.5 Skins: GreenTheme - BlueSwirl - BlueWaveBlueToneRed Theme - RedBase - Red Glass - BluZone - AmplifiedBlue 

My IPB 3.4.4 Skins: RedBase - Red Glass - BluZone - AmplifiedBlue 

My IPB 3.4.3 Skins: RedBase - Red Glass - BluZone

My IPB 3.4.2 Skins: RedBase

My IPB 3.4.1 Skins (ONLY $10 EACH): Red GlassGoldenTheme - Scarletise - Purple Grain - GrimsonGrey - ViridisAureus - Red Devil - Carbonise

#8 Alfa1

Alfa1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

ie, items display in Nexus, but the actual 'work' of packaging/shipping the product falls on the source company (for example, Amazon)? If so, I'm definitely for that.

Yes, this is what I mean. Affiliate networks allow webmasters to generate income, while the affiliate networks handle the business side of things and pays a commission to the webmaster.

#9 InvisionHQ

InvisionHQ

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 799 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

+1

[HQ] Awards v3.1.2
Last Updated Sep 26 2014 08:37 PM

Awards app with autoawards features!!!

#10 Rita Bastien

Rita Bastien

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

+1

That might not be a bad idea, everyone should help make the decision. :lol:

#11 IPTV

IPTV

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

I was looking for a way to add Cafepress items into the store.  Really which their were such a plugin that allows for us to sell other items than needing to stock the items and ship them.

#12 Clover13

Clover13

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 479 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

So I was looking around for a way to do some promo gear integration into Nexus and came across this topic.

Sadly, I still don't think this is possible.

Did anyone come up with ways to integrate various affiliate stores with their sites, either via Nexus or some other uniform storefront application?

I do have Nexus, but given this lack of functionality I'd sooner get the convenience of a dropship service and affiliate storefront handling merchandise for me.

I'll add that I already integrated an Amazon aStore into my site, but I don't want to create a bunch of various affiliate storefronts if there is a better integration for them, either through Nexus or some other third party application.

Furthermore, I'd like to have custom merchandise, i.e. logo oriented gear like t-shirts, hats, etc...ala Cafepress or the like.

• Powerboat likes this

#13 Jinkler

Jinkler

Needs Serious Help

• +Clients
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:14 AM

If you find a way, let us know :)

• Powerboat likes this

TalkFord.com - Independent, Unbiased, Ford News, Reviews And Advice. Download The Free TF App - Apple ¦ Android

DaciaForum.co.uk - The UK's number 1 Dacia forum! Download The Free DF App - Apple ¦ Android

SmartWatchForum.com - Smart Watch Reviews, News and Forums. Which one will you buy? Download the Free SWF App - Android ¦ Apple Coming soon...

#14 Powerboat

Powerboat

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

So I was looking around for a way to do some promo gear integration into Nexus and came across this topic.

Sadly, I still don't think this is possible.

Did anyone come up with ways to integrate various affiliate stores with their sites, either via Nexus or some other uniform storefront application?

I do have Nexus, but given this lack of functionality I'd sooner get the convenience of a dropship service and affiliate storefront handling merchandise for me.

I'll add that I already integrated an Amazon aStore into my site, but I don't want to create a bunch of various affiliate storefronts if there is a better integration for them, either through Nexus or some other third party application.

Furthermore, I'd like to have custom merchandise, i.e. logo oriented gear like t-shirts, hats, etc...ala Cafepress or the like.

Hi there!

Was it difficult to integrate the A Store into your site?

How did you do it?

Kind regards,

Stuart

#15 Clover13

Clover13

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 479 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

Well the integration was just really embedding it, not interfacing it with Nexus.  Sorry if that was a bit misleading.

So right now I'm managing my Nexus storefront and the aStore as two separate stores, but the aStore is embedded and wrapped by IPB (ala an iframe I believe) so it has the look and feel of my IPS skin (customized it to match in the aStore setup on Amazon).

#16 Maxxius

Maxxius

Spam Happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

definitely agree! would be an awesome thing.

IP.Board 4.0 / 3.4.6 / 3.3.4 / 3.2.3 Lithuanian language packs will not be sold through IPS Marketplace. If you need it please contact me directly.

#17 Azhar Shahzad

Azhar Shahzad

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:18 AM

IP.Nexus as an affliate Store... I will definitely purchase IP.Nexus if such functionality made available in future.

• Powerboat likes this

#18 Stijn Winand

Stijn Winand

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:50 PM

IP.Nexus as an affliate Store... I will definitely purchase IP.Nexus if such functionality made available in future.

Same

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users