8 replies to this topic

#1 sspinola

sspinola

IPB Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

I purchased IP.Blog with the community suite, and I want it to look exactly like the rest of the community. I can't figure out how to get the community header into the blog I created.

See attachments:

community-header.png - This is what it looks like when you go to the IP.Blog app landing page, and what the rest of the community looks like (Downloads, Forums, etc.).
blog-header.png - This is what it looks like after creating a blog.

The blue header in blog-header is stupid. it should look like community-header and the rest of the community apps. How do I get that?

Attached Files

#2 ZakRhyno

ZakRhyno

All da rhino!

• +Clients
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

Nice idea I can see this being a good thing.
  • surferboy likes this

#3 sspinola

sspinola

IPB Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

I did URL Mapping and it worked:
http://community.inv...-community-r162

I used the "Contains" option and the variable "/blog/" since that text is in the URL of the blog.

#4 autonami

autonami

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

i am having the same problem where it tries to place a different "logo_blog.png" in place of the default logo. with the title of the blog in huge ugly text. other than that, the header looks the same as the rest of the theme.
i managed to get rid of the text and added a "logo_blog.png" which is the same logo as the default. but when it loads. the logo is in a different position and miss places things in the overall header.

i tried the URL mapping and it did not work. it seems it is loading a different header template when on the blog page, but i cant find what template it is.

#5 surferboy

surferboy

Needs Serious Help

• +Clients
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

hmmm, I had the same concern but when we upgraded from 3.14 to 3.3.4, and imported the zuzuskin, I found our blog landing page, our individual blog pages, and each blog entry all show the same header as the ipboard

just what I wanted. not sure why but if you look at the ips community blogs, do you see that old fashioned, cheesy header? I don't. I see the standard layout and just the simple 'Blogs' on the main entries page, and then the same on the individual blog pages, in the same font and bold, but with the name of the individual blog.

If I could have my way, I would lock in all the content blocks in a certain order and prevent any editing (I realize that I can set the content blocks default order and also prevent some content blocks from being visible but still, I am a total control freak ...)
  • m3rk0rd likes this

ip board 3.3.4

ip content 2.3.5

ip blog  2.6.1

ip chat 1.4.3

ip calendar 3.3.3

-----------------

Super News Feed 4.1

Portal 1.2.0

RSS Management 1.0.9

ProMenu 3.0.5

Social Groups 2.0.5

Track Members 1.0.0

Classifieds 1.2.1

Mandrill Bouncer 1.0.1

#6 surferboy

surferboy

Needs Serious Help

• +Clients
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

sad to report that with the upgrade to v2.6, the old fashioned cheesy header has returned and nothing I have tried can restore the clean, modern look that we had just after our upgrade to 3.3.4 and v2.52 ...

so now there is now common header anymore. instead, the book and the italic label ... uggggghhhh have submitted tracker, posted, submitted support tickets .. but all to no avail. everyone points to another department :(

ip board 3.3.4

ip content 2.3.5

ip blog  2.6.1

ip chat 1.4.3

ip calendar 3.3.3

-----------------

Super News Feed 4.1

Portal 1.2.0

RSS Management 1.0.9

ProMenu 3.0.5

Social Groups 2.0.5

Track Members 1.0.0

Classifieds 1.2.1

Mandrill Bouncer 1.0.1

#7 surferboy

surferboy

Needs Serious Help

• +Clients
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

a solution has presented itself, thanks to ryan and alan and @onlyme, creator of zuzuskin:

in the ACP, go to Look & Feel, select your skin, in templates, select (Blog) Global -> overwriteHeader template.

delete all the code and replace with:

{parse template="defaultHeader" group="global" params=""}
  • Edward Shephard, CallieJo, autonami and 2 others like this

ip board 3.3.4

ip content 2.3.5

ip blog  2.6.1

ip chat 1.4.3

ip calendar 3.3.3

-----------------

Super News Feed 4.1

Portal 1.2.0

RSS Management 1.0.9

ProMenu 3.0.5

Social Groups 2.0.5

Track Members 1.0.0

Classifieds 1.2.1

Mandrill Bouncer 1.0.1

#8 adonismale

adonismale

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

I wonder why IPS doesn't do this as default.  The current blog heading with the green books and the italicized text are so awkward and totally incompatible with the rest of the website design.  

• Antony Carville likes this

#9 CallieJo

CallieJo

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 376 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

a solution has presented itself, thanks to ryan and alan and @onlyme, creator of zuzuskin:

Thank you all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users