• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Marcher Technologies

Marcher Technologies

$life=FALSE;$code=TRUE;$time--;

• +Clients
  • 11,761 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

I doubt the end user cares whos fault it is. They just expect it to work. Sucks that the developers have to work around it but that is their job. For years people worked around IE's "bugs" -- that is just part of life.

I cannot even reproduce the OP issue on chrome on IPB 3.4 now... are we moaning about a bug already fixed?

If you experience editor bugs, report them, the issue the OP describes as far as I can discern in testing is in fact fixed.

• Heyhoe likes this

#22 Fast Lane!

Fast Lane!

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 349 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

see edit, firstly.

Secondly, if a third-party plug-in has a bug, you correctly blame the third-party plug-in, until the point at which the first-party code is to blame for being an outdated usage(which is this, it works as intended in CKE 4).

We *still* work around IE's "bugs", for reference, but that lays at our feet, and is something we can do something about directly.

This sentence is like blaming the waiter for the chef's bad cooking.

If the food is bad I don't care why... it is up to the chef to use better water or treat the water they have to taste better.  It is their job to present a product that their customers like and utilize the tools and food they have... correcting or covering up any flaws they have.

• Stuart Elliott likes this

#23 Rhett

Rhett

R1Lover

• IPS Staff
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

cleaned up a little, please be respectful or refrain from posting, we know the editor is not perfect, however we are taking steps to improve it greatly, please bear with us while this feature is improved. 

Thank you

• Andrej and VothJ like this

"If you're spinning your wheels or sliding backwards... you better look for some traction, before you fall off the road!"

Rhett
Hosting & Support Manager
Invision Power Services Inc

#24 Matt

Matt

Chief Software Architect

• IPS Management
  • 26,146 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

We can't really use CKEditor 4 in the middle of maintenance releases because it's a huge change to the editor which means we'll likely have to refactor a lot of our custom plug-ins which will likely destabilise the editor.

As always, please file a bug report and we'll investigate it. We try and read as much feedback as we can, but posts can be missed.

Matt Mecham
Invision Power Services, Inc.
"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by."
-- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

#25 VothJ

VothJ

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

We continue to get complaints every week from our forum participants because they try to change color/font size/etc. and their cursor moves to different places in their typing or portions are deleted.  They all use Chrome.  Is there anything we can do about it?

#26 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,674 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

We continue to get complaints every week from our forum participants because they try to change color/font size/etc. and their cursor moves to different places in their typing or portions are deleted.  They all use Chrome.  Is there anything we can do about it?

I've never heard of an issue like that.  I would recommend submitting a ticket.

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users